Dance Battle of Death

A/N  
Trigedasleng - italics

————————————-

song for this chapter: run boy run - instrumental by woodkid

AFTER BANDAGING OCTAVIA'S LEG, we all go back into the forest to rest for the night. I, myself, feel as if I could sleep for a whole decade, but the only problem is what would plague my sleep. So, I decide to just prop myself up against a tree and listen.

I listen to the forest and to the life that is littered all around me. Would it always be this calm?

I wish it would. I really do because my whole life has been so loud. I lived to keep a secret. Questions were discovered at every corner of my life.

Why did my father choose me over my sister? I'm not that important, nor that special.

The only purpose that I was here for is gone. My father, my mother, and my sister; two are dead and the other one might as well be.

My mother, Coralie, was a miraculous woman. She would say things that made you imagine if she was an angel. the way that she would word her sentences would mesmerise anyone who cared to listen.

Being the wife of a councilman meant that she got hate and love, but mostly hate. This eventually led her down spiral that ended with her death along with my sister's.

Life is a funny thing.

One moment I'm in a six by six cell floating above earth and the next I'm here.

I'm down on this wonderful and tormented planet. The thought that we are the first to be here in 97 years seems wrong somehow. I can't place it, but it just seems off. It's like we're not alone, but that sounds stupid.

I shift to the side as the tree roots beneath me begin to dig into my back. That's when I saw it, or rather him. I squint my eyes at the figure and realise that it was a person. I look around me and count. Clarke, Finn, Jasper, Monty, Octavia, they're all here. I slowly get up and turn to where I saw the figure, only to find that he was gone.

I pick my way through the trees over to where I last saw him. I glance around but don't see anything. I only look down when I feel something break beneath my foot.

It's an arrow.

I pick it up and bring it closer to my face. I trace the edge of the sharp point but pull back when a wet sticky substance comes off of it. I bring my hand close to my face and examine the slimy liquid on my fingers. I smell it, but pull back when my face scrunches up in disgust.

I glance around me, "Now why would this be here?" I paused, then said to myself, "Obviously we didn't leave this here, so..that means that someone was here." I recall the man that I saw, then my eyes widen.