Sick Actions Equal Sober Actions, Right?

song: you are a memory by message to bears

The first thing I realise when I wake is that: 1. my limbs feel like stones and 2. that Bellamy's face is inches from mine.

My eyes widen at our proximity before I realise that he fell asleep. My heart sinks, there's no way that he won't get sick now.

"Damn you," I mutter under my breath before forcing myself upright. I glance around the dropship to find almost everyone asleep. Almost everyone.

"Hailey," Clarke whispers to me from her place against the wall. "You're awake."

I blink away the cloudiness in my eyes and nod. "Yeah," I murmur.

I see her open her mouth to say something, but she catches herself and glances at Bellamy. She nods to the door of the dropship and mouths, 'not here.'

My eyebrows furrow, but I follow her as she exits the dropship. I cross my arms when we stop and look at her expectantly.

"I sent Octavia to Lincoln." She blurts out, her gaze on the floor.

My eyes widen, "You did what?" I exasperate.

"We needed to know if there was a cure or anything." I go to open my mouth but she cuts me off. "And before you ask, no I haven't told Bellamy."

I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. "Okay," I say after a moment.

"Okay?" She repeats back, confused.

"What do you want me to say, Clarke?" I scoff, throwing my hands up in annoyance. "I trust Lincoln and I trust you," I say finally.

She lets out a small, "Oh." Before blinking rapidly. "So, you're not going to threaten to cut me down with your sword?" She jokingly says.

I smirk, "No, but send her out like this again and it won't be me doing the threatening."

I see her eyes widen as she imagines Bellamy threatening her. "I think I'll leave you to deal with him when she gets back." She says.

I narrow my eyes, "When is she supposed to get back?"

She shrugs, "Dunno, I hope soon and with good news." She says and I nod as she walks back to the dropship.

I glance around the camp, wanting to find a place where I can sit outside and not spread anything, but I instead see Octavia sneaking back into camp.

Without any hesitation I rush over to her, but stop a couple armlengths away. "Octavia." I say as she catches my eyes.

She presses her lips together and shakes her head. "There's no cure and the grounders are going to attack at first light." She says with a grimace on her face.

My eyes narrow and my jaw clenches as I think. There aren't many ways to win an attack like this. We're outnumbered and, even with the guns, we don't even have half of our people that have the ability to fight. 

"Okay." I mutter under my breath. "I feel fine, so I can sanction a mission to negotiate." I mutter before shaking my head. "No, they aren't interested in talking anymore."

I begin to pace and I see Octavia press her lips together. "What?"

"You're doing the thing again." She says, crossing her arms.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What thing?"

"The thing where you put every responsibility on your shoulders." She points out, lifting an eyebrow.

I sigh and pinch the brigde of my nose, feeling a headache coming on. "Who else is going to do it,  O?" I exasperate. "Clarke is helping everyone in there and Bellamy's an idiot so he has to be quarentined now." I begin to pace again.

"Wait, what about Bellamy?" She asks, concern lacing her voice.

I sigh and turn to her. "I told him not to, but he caught me when I fell in the clearing earlier."

She shakes her head with a light smile on her face. "Damn Bellamy and his saviour attitude."

My lip curls in confusion, but I let it slide. "How long does the virus last?" I ask, turning and walking back to the dropship with her at my side.

"Not long, it's not supposed to kill." She says with sadness in her voice. I glance over at the growing pile of bodies.

"Tell that to them." I say with an edge to my voice as I nod towards the pile.

I don't glance back at her before I enter the dropship. My eyes find Bellamy's and I manage to smile.

"How are you feeling?" I ask as I sit down next to him.

He begins to shake his head lightly. "Not too good." He says and I notice the dried blood under his nose. My face falls as I grab a damp cloth.

I begin to dab at the blood. "You are an idiot, you know that?" I say lightly.

I see him smile. "Yeah, but I didn't want you to fall." He murmurs groggily.

I stop wiping at the blood to look at him. "Why?" I go back to cleaning off the blood before speaking again. "I thought you practically hated me."

"No, I could never hate you, Hails." He murmurs before grabbing my chin. My eyes widen as I bring the cloth down from his face.

"Bell..." I trail off.

He gives me a pointed look. "If I'm going to die, then I need to do this at least once." He says before he connects his lips to mine.

My eyes widen and I stiffen before he pulls away with a sleepy smile on his face. He falls back onto his makeshift bed with it still plastered onto his face.

My face is slack as I can still feel the pressure of his lips against mine.

"Yup, even better than what I thought it would be like." He murmurs before drifting off to sleep.

A minute passes as I stare at his face in bewilderment. I thought he hated my guts. I thought I hated his guts.

"Hey." A voice says from behind me, startling me out of my wits. I jump with surprise before turning around. "You okay...?" Clarke asks with a strange expression on her face.

I clear my throat and blink a couple times before answering. "Yeah." I say before clearing my throat again. "I'm fine."

-------------

A/N

Okay, I probably know what you're thinking

bUt aBiGaIl iN tHe DeScrIpTiOn iT sAyS SlOw BuRn

yes, it does

BUT I WANTED THIS TO HAPPEN SO BAD

i got inspiration from that one scene from supergirl of Mon-el and Kara where he was sick and he kissed her and I just 🥰

ANYway, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter

I am officially a junior now so WOOOOHOOOOO

lmao, have a bite to eat and some water

I love you all thank you so much,

Abigail