The Second Big Bang

songs for the chapter: look after you by aron wright AND beautiful crime by tamar

LIFE IS PRECIOUS, it can be damaged by the single flick of finger if you were to hit it in the right spot. The growing, the ever growing trees making their way through the treetops and reaching for the stars above. Reaching for me.

Confined by four gray walls that have now been littered with writings that told stories of the girl under the floor or the boy who space walked for love or the one that withheld a secret that everyone had the right to know. It's the consumption of words that shape our mind, how we insinuate them into the scrolls of consciousness. The ever knowing and the never knowing seem to collide with one another. I guess what they say is true, ignorance is bliss.

I wish I could stay bliss for all eternity for it expires ignorance. My mother would never quite understand the world that we have now. She only knew of the great luscious vertuity of the ark. Now, however, all the happiness has withheld itself in the hands of the council.

They chose to make a new order. One that would never aspire bliss ever again. Instead it would create hate and loathing into the hearts of those that were never pure enough for the ark.

Make one wrong move and they take you into custody. Make one wrong insinuation and they choose to execute you. The only act of kindness the council ever had was the capsizing of killing those who made one wrong move but only if they were eighteen and older.

They showed "mercy" or as I like to call it the inevitable end. All they did was postpone the end of our merry days.

I wish that I could say something good about the ark, but the good is so scarce that even with my eyes open I'm still blind to it. My sister, the one that showed enough kindness for the both of us, used to call me a pessimist but I prefer the term realist.

The ark will never be good, there will always be a shadow of something dark looming over our home with the stars.

Another thing my sister used to say was that I was going to change it all. That i was going to fix this world or what is left of it. I never truly believed her and now I know that I will never fulfil her last dying wish, one that she had said to me the day that she was on this pitiful hunk of metal floating in the sky.

I know that I will never fulfil it because I'm stuck, stuck inside a confined room with no way out. After my sister was floated I made a promise to myself, I would do my best to follow in her footsteps. To tread lightly and my path echoing in kindness is what I want my purpose to be. I want to be like her.

My older sister, Riv, always so high and mighty, I truly believed that she was going to change the world but as every story goes, mistakes were made, promises were broken and now I'm here. A six by six cell in the skybox, my crime? Letting my sister die for me.

She was given a choice and she chose the option that would give me the possible chance of life. One that would get her floated and me put into the skybox. I've been here for four years.