Chessiest Cheese

song: thousand eyes by of monsters and men

I set my hand on the fabric of Bellamy's tent before taking in a deep breath and pushing it aside. I see him hunched over a table with his hands pressed against the wood. His back rises and falls with his fast breathing pattern.

"Bell," I say softly, walking up to him and placing my hand on his shoulder, causing him to jump. "Hey," I murmur when his watery gaze meets mine. "What's wrong?"

He presses his lips together and glances down at the table, which I can now see has the map of our camp on it.

"We've worked so hard for this and we're just going to..." His face screws up as he stutters in anger. "Leave?" He forces out, shaking his head. "No, I won't do it. I'm staying with you, here." He brings his gaze back up to mine.

I tilt my head and open my mouth, but no words come out.

After a moment, his face falls.

"Don't tell me you're leaving too." I advert my eyes to the ground, giving him his answer. "What about 'running is for cowards?'" He scoffs.

I sigh, bringing my gaze back to his. "It's not cowardice if it's necessary," I say, tilting my chin upwards. "Listen, there's you, me, and Clarke that lead these people." I lay my hand on his chest. "Without you, they lose their courage. Without Clarke, they lose their morale. And without me..." I pause, not knowing what I offer.

I feel a hand envelope mine as it lays on his chest. "Without you, they would have lost their lives a million times over, which is why I'm not going to ask you to stay with me."

My face falls and I got to plead with him before he smirks at my reaction.

"Because I'm coming with you."

My face falls in anger.

"You got me worried for nothing!" I smack his arm, causing him to smile.

He shrugs, once again grabbing the hand that hit him.

"Had to keep up the suspense." He smiles, staring at me.

I don't break my gaze as I notice him inching closer.

"You don't want this," I murmur breathlessly as he gets closer.

"Oh really?" He murmurs, inches away from my lips.

I nod ever so slightly, unable to keep my eyes away from his lips.

"You say that you have a whole hell of problems, but you underestimate the hell I've been through," I murmur, as he tilts his head downwards towards mine.

He glances back in forth between my eyes for a moment before taking my cheek in his hand. He brings his lips centimetres from mine. 

"We can walk through any hell the world throws at us," he whispers finally before presses his lips against mine.

I kiss back immediately, loving the feeling of his lips pressed up against mine. Then, after feeling like only a second, he pulls away. We both have matching grins on our faces.

I smile for the stars that coat his cheeks and the gold that swirls in his eyes.

"Bellamy Blake, you marvel me," I murmur with a smile.

"Hailey Kane, you light my world," he smiles.

My face screws up in a frown. "We are so cheesy." I fake gag, causing him to laugh.

He tilts his head with a smirk. "But you love it."

I roll my eyes. "Unfortunately."

---------------

A/N

a very short chapter, but it didn't feel right to mush this kiss in with another chapter, so here is its own one

also, this is from the description, I don't know if you caught that >:)

anyway, Bailey CAUGHT IN 4K

have a drink and some food,

I love you all and thank you so much for 12k

- abigail <3