I Can't Believe You've Done This

————————song for this chapter: flares by the script and the mystic by adam jensen————————

————————
song for this chapter: flares by the script and the mystic by adam jensen
————————

AFTER SCRAMBLING TO CHARLOTTE and bringing her inside the nearest tent, I leant down in front of her.  "Why did you do this? He was my friend and yours. He was never anything but kind to you." I stared at her in disgust and shock.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Hailey! Please, you have to believe me!" She yelled while trying to hug me. I pried her hands off of me and went over into the corner. I felt like I was going to throw up. I placed a hand against the table and took a deep breath in and out. I slowly stood back up and walked back over to Charlotte, but didn't pay her any mind.

"Bring out the girl, Bellamy!" Murphy yelled from outside the tent. I cast a glance toward Bellamy. Our expressions were the same, fearful.

Bellamy crouched down in front of Charlotte and asked, "Why Charlotte?" His tone was pleading, as if he were wanting it to be an accident, a mistake.

"I was just trying to slay my demons, like you told me." She said in a low tone. I shut my eyes and sighed.

"What the hell is she talking about?" Clarke said with a sharp tone in her voice.

I opened my eyes and turned towards her. "That isn't what he meant." I turned to Charlotte. "That's not what he meant, Charlotte." I placed a hand on Bellamy's shoulder, almost interpreting what he was thinking. Despite his anger and the bruises I left on his face, Bellamy set his hand on top of mine. I squeezed his shoulder lightly and pulled away.

"Bring the girl out now!" Murphy yelled from the clearing.

I shook my head and clenched my jaw. "Listen, I know Murphy. He's not going to stop until he get's what he wants and right now all he wants is Charlotte." I glanced toward her and noticed she was looking at her feet. I reached my hand out to her. She glanced up slowly with furrowed brows and red cheeks. I sighed and mustered the best smile I could, which was barely a lift of my lips. She slowly reached up and clasped her hand with mine.

Bellamy nodded, "If you guys have any bright ideas, speak up." Clarke and Finn just glanced at each other, while I sighed. "Now you stay quiet."

"Those are your boys out there." Finn said angrily while pointing to the exit.

"This is not my fault. If Clarke and Hailey had listened to me, those idiots would still be building the wall." He pointed toward us. I narrowed my eyes at him when he met my gaze. All he did was tilt his head and clench his jaw, giving me an 'oh well' face. I scoffed slightly.

"You want to build a society, princess? Let's build a society. Bring her out!" Murphy yelled.

"We're running out of time. We need to do something now." I said with a rough edge to my voice. I met Bellamy's gaze, he nodded. I crouched down to Charlotte's level and squeezed her hand tighter. "Okay, Charlotte. You're going to go with Bellamy, Clarke and Finn. They're going to protect you, okay?" She nodded with tears in her eyes. "It's going to be okay." I hugged her quickly. "Be better than we were yesterday. Okay?" I whispered into her ear. She nodded and sniffled. I stood and pushed her toward them. "Run." I turned toward the exit and pushed aside the tarp. "Murphy."