We're Old Aren't We?

song: carry you by novo amor

"Open the gate!" I yell up at the two kids by the gate. Bellamy and I each held a bag of guns and ammo.

"He's gone!" Someone yells, while another yells, "The grounder's gone!" My gaze finds Octavia and I nod.She nods back, telling me that it's done. A soft smile coats my lips.

"Let the grounders come." Bellamy yells from his place next to me. "We've been afraid of them for far too long, and why? Because of their knives and spears." He glances down at me with a small smile on his face. "I don't know about you. I'm tired of being afraid." I nod with a smile on my face. We both throw our bags into the clearing and the guns spew out, causing cheers to echo through the camp.

I turn to the crowd with my arms crossed. "Now, before you get excited and trigger-happy, these aren't toys." Everyone's eyes turn towards me. "Only people patrolling and guards will carry guns." I say, stepping back for Bellamy to speak.

"She's right." Clarke buts in. "These are weapons and they aren't to be played with."

I nod along with her before walking back to my tent I set up earlier. Being a leader has its perks, I'll admit, as I do have my own tent. I press my lips together before setting my sword down. I unstrap my knives and slip off my shirt.

I look down at the dirty bandage on my burns. I cringe as I peel off the brown cloth. The two little black circles are situated to the right of my belly button. I hear someone enter my tent, but I don't turn around, assuming it's Bellamy.

"Hails." A different voice asks and I turn around to face him, still forgetting that I'm only in a bra.

"Elliot." I say, trying to catch his eyes, but, instead, they rake over my injuries.

"What happened to you out there?" He asks, getting closer to me. I glance away before looking back to him.

"Dax, this delinquent, tried to kill Bellamy." I sigh.

"Why?" His eyebrows crease.

"Because Shumway hired him to do it." I shrug, looking away. "Anyway, what's up with you?"

I turn around to see his gaze filled with pity. "Hailey..." He trails off. "You're bruised, broken, and hurt." He scoffs at himself. "And here I am about to come in here and tell you how sad and broken I am." He forces out a chuckle.

"I mean..." He gestures with his hand to me. "Your back is almost entirely bruised and your nose is covered in blood and broken." He comes toward me and grabs my hand to pull me out of the tent. "C'mon, let's get you cleaned up."

I nod, following him. He leads me towards a barrel filled with water. "Sit." He says and I do so. He begins to wipe away the blood and grime from my face and that's when I realise I'm still in a bra.

"Elliot." I say, looking around. "I'm not wearing a shirt." I warn quietly.

"What?" He looks down at my stomach and then looks up. "Oh." I press my lips together and sigh.

"It's fine, just hurry up please." I plea, trying to hurry him up. As I say this, a piece of cloth enters my view.

I look at it and then at the person who is offering it. "Take it." Bellamy says. When I don't he sighs and sits down. "You look uncomfortable, so here." He hands me the shirt. "Take it." I grab it and tug in on and it's huge.

"Thank you." I say after a moment. He smiles lightly before getting up.

"Once you get cleaned up, come find me." He says and walks away. My heart plummets when I realise what I'll be finding him for later. He needs to talk to Jaha.

A sharp pain runs through my nose as Elliot cleans it again. I curse as a small smile runs across his face. "Good to see you're still alive." He chuckles.

"What?" My eyebrows furrow as he cleans my forehead.

"You zoned out for a bit." He chuckles moving to my bloody hands. At my confused expression, he responds. "You were staring after Bellamy for at least 15 seconds." He smiles.

I roll my eyes before answering "Yeah, like you haven't been eyeing Nate." I smile.

"Miller." Elliot corrects and a smile immediately spreads across my face. "Everyone calls him Miller."

"You like him?" I ask with a small smile filling my face and a grin breaks out on his face.

"Yeah." He daps the cloth into some water as he continues to clean my cuts. "It seems like he likes me back, but I could be wrong." His grin falters.

I grimace, before glancing at Miller. His eyes are glued to Elliot's back and a mischievous grin takes form on my face. "Something tells me that he likes you back." I glance from Miller to Elliot.

"Really?" He says, sounding like a puppy. I nod and he smiles, looking down.

I look at Miller and see his cheeks go red as he catches my gaze. I smile at him and nod my head, inviting him to come over. He takes in a deep breath and walks towards us.

"You have an opening." I say with a smile, before getting up and walking away. I stop and turn around as Miller sits down where I was. I lean against a tree as I watch them smile and laugh.

"They grow up so fast, don't they?" A voice says. I glance to my right and see Bellamy watching Miller and Elliot with a smile.

"Just yesterday he was 15, laughing at my stupid jokes." I smile. "Now he's 17 and crushing on a guy." I shake my head with a grin etched to my face.

I hear Bellamy chuckle as I watch Elliot's eyes light up as he gazes at Miller. "You think..." He trails off, watching the pair.

"That Miller just said he reciprocated the feelings?" I look at Bellamy and my smile widens. "Yup." I look back at them, feeling hopeful.

"I'm guessing you two made up?" He asks and I nod.

"It was unspoken, but yes." I murmur, finally feeling the gravity of the situation. "C'mon." I grab his hand and tug him toward the communications tent. "It's time."

He looks into my eyes and clenches his jaw. "You'll be there?" He asks and I nod. "The whole time?"

"The whole time." I repeat and we go in.

—————
HEYYYY WHATS UP ITS LIKE 2AM
I HAVE A FLIGHT TOMR AND I WILL NOT BE SLEEPING TY
also ps: please get something to drink and eat <3
- Abigail