I Can't Wait to Tell This Story to My Grandchildren

songs for this chapter: dancing after death by matt maeson and blood // water by grandson

AFTER DISCOVERING BELLAMY HAD A GUN, I made a smart but idiotic play. I was going to ask him to come with us on the expedition. I walked up to Clarke who was standing next to Monty with a scowl on her face. I knew that look anywhere, she was thinking. "What's up Blondie?" I asked her.

She looked up at me and rolled her eyes, "Don't call me that. We need to go find Jasper." I nodded.

"Yea and before it's too late. Also, I have an idea," I paused waiting to gain Clarke's attention. "We need to bring Bellamy in on this one." Clarke sighed. "Listen, before you go all 'Bellamy is a bad dude' he has a gun and all we have are these little knives that none of us-- besides me-- know how to throw."

Clarke's eyebrows furrowed, "How the hell do you know how to throw them?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Being Kane's daughter means that people take out their anger on you, so I had to learn how to fight."

Clarke nodded and then sighed before answering, "Yea, yea I guess you're right."

Monty, who had just been standing there listening to the conversation, finally spoke up. "So, what are we doing now?"

Clarke and I looked at each other, then nodded. "Now we go after Jasper."

~~~~

After Clarke and I talked, I went towards the dropship to grab a pack and supplies. I walked in to find Clarke and Wells talking. I minded my own business, but still listened as I was only a few feet away.

"There you are. When my father said he left us nothing, he really meant it." Wells said. Clarke then nodded towards his ankle. "It's just a scratch," Wells dismissed her.

"You're making friends fast." She muttered as she walked over and grabbed some gauze. "Just keep it covered. It could get infected." She then saw that Wells had a makeshift orange backpack. I smiled to myself and thought: Of course Wells would do that. He's Wells.

"Nice pack." Clarke said to him.

"Yeah, seat belts and insulation. I also packed part of the parachute, figured we could use it as a way to carry out Jasper."

"Good. Give it to Hailey. You're not coming with us." Clarke nodded towards me.

"My ankle's fine."

"It's not your ankle Wells, It's you." She told him angrily.

I winced and muttered, "Ouch." Wells rolled his eyes at me when I walked over.

"You came back for reinforcements. I'm gonna help." Wells told her.

"He's right Clarke. We need him. So far only Hailey and Elliot have volunteered." Monty uttered carefully.