Hailey and Her Devil Gnomes

song: waiting game by banks

When light enters my doubled vision, I cringe at the remembrance of my current situation.

I narrow my eyes at Murphy who is seated across from me on a crate with his gun held lazily in his hand.

I feel something begin to trickle down my cheek and I try to lift my hand to catch it, but I find that my hands are tied to the ladder behind me. I glance down behind me, but I can barely even catch sight of the ropes binding my hands to the metal.

"I was waiting for you to wake up," Murphy states, catching my attention. He smirks. "I tied them extra tight." he tilts his head and smiles. "Just for you, Hails."

I frown in discomfort. "Don't call me that." I shake my head. "Not anymore."

He tilts his head but doesn't comment on my obvious discomfort. He sighs, clapping his hands on his knees. "Now that you're awake, the party can start." He meets my glare with a malicious smirk.

He glances between Bellamy and me with that same smirk plastered to his face.

"Y'know," he starts with a laugh. "I am the only thing in between you guys getting together." He laughs again, squatting down in front of me.

"How exciting." He tilts his head, smiling wider. "Hailey." He sighs blissfully, as he sees something magnificent. "I've liked you ever since I saved you in that hallway. And yet," he stands and points at Bellamy. "You choose this dumbass to like."

My glare contorts to a wide-eyed and opened-mouth expression. My blood runs cold at the thought of Murphy liking me.

He sighs, standing and turning to Bellamy before whirling back around. "I don't even think you know that you like him, but I've liked you..." He trails off, once again squatting down my level, ignoring Bellamy's struggle as he tries to get some leeway.

His eyes stay glued to mine as he admires me. I turn my head away, not willing to meet his love-stricken gaze any longer. My skin feels itchy; like it's not really mine and I'm in a suit.

"I've known since the second I saved you that I was in love with you, but this idiot can't even admit that he likes you." He shakes his head, sighing. "What a meagre thing to admit to." He chuckles, standing.

I turn my head back to face Bellamy. He catches sight of my grimace and immediately stops struggling to ask, "Are you okay?" His question comes out breathy and worried.

I nod slowly, biting my lip to glance at the ground. "I'm okay, Bell," I mutter under my breath. My gaze hardens as I look up at Murphy.

"Murphy, if you loved me, even in your own twisted way, you wouldn't treat me like this." I purse my lips. "You would hurt someone that I care about." My eyes meet Bellamy's. I look back at Muprhy to see his gaze has gone cold.

"What a waste of your love." He says, staring at me with disappointment.

"What?" I ask, staring at him with confusion. "I don't love Bellamy and I sure as hell don't love you." I hiss, pulling at my restraints to lean towards him.

He practically runs towards me and within a second, I feel a burning sensation on my cheek.

My head whips to the side from the force of the slap.

"Say it again, Hailey." He murmurs, his breath fanning across my face.

I slowly turn my head to face him. I keep my disgust buried deep as I come within inches of his face.

"Love makes you weak, so no," I clench my jaw. "I do not and will never love Bellamy nor you."

His gaze falls to the floor, nodding solemnly.

I glance towards Bellamy to find his gaze narrowed and angry. He lets out a soft scoff, shaking his head, before looking away.

"You've always been so smart," Murphy says catching my attention again. "You're right, hell," he laughs. "I'm a prime example of how love makes you stupid." He chuckles dryly. "Or, as you put it," he turns to Bellamy with a sadistic smirk. "Weak."

He walks closer to Bellamy and, while his attention is on him, I bring my foot close enough so I can manoeuvre my knife out of it. I begin to saw through my bindings as Murphy taunts Bellamy.

"You're in love with her and you just got rejected." Murphy laughs.

Bellamy scoffs. "No, I'm not in love with her." He shakes his head, nodding towards me. "I mean, how could I be?" He laughs bitterly, catching my attention. Our eyes meet and I catch the hatred and malice laced in his irises.

"She's a monster." I physically recoil, flinching back in shock. "She's killed people and she states that she had to, but I don't believe it." He shakes his head. "She blames it all on her family, but we all know that she just likes the feeling of power and will do anything to keep it." His eyes never leave mine. "Just like Finn said, you're addicted to it."

"That's not true!" I cry out, no longer able to hear him speak anymore.

He scoffs, glaring at me. "Give it up, Hails." He shakes his head. "You act all high and mighty, but you're a low-life who was given a chance to show she was worth something and look what you've accomplished." He lets out a dry laugh. "Everyone around you dies. Soon, you'll be left alone with only your demons that you enjoy so much."

He shakes his head with a grimace. "Hailey and her demons." His narrowed gaze meets mine again. This time, however, mine is wounded and sad and his is angered and ready to strike. "The perfect life for a monster."

-------------

A/N

sorry :/ Bellamy is a hurt boy and he's taking it out on hailey BUT there will be a redemption arc :)

ALSO WE ARE SO CLOSE TO 10K UHHHH POG?

Thank you all so much, this means so fricken much to me <3

please eat and drink someting

with love,

abigail