28

"Lies. You love my energy," Hinata chirped smugly. He yelped when he was nearly dropped. Kenma didn't do it on purpose. The amount of truth in a single statement had shocked him. 

He played it off by giving the tangerine an irritated expression. "Sure, sure. Say whatever you want," he replied.

Hinata gave a large teasing smile. "Oh? I can say WHATEVER I want? Hmmm, let's see..." He tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Meat buns are awesome. I'm better than Kageyama. I want a cat. Tanaka probably convinced Natsu to do drugs. Uhhh...YOU ARE THE BEST!" He grinned at Kenma, but the setter was too busy choking back a sob.

"NATSU IS DOING DRUGS?" he gasped.

"Did I say that?"

Kenma pressed his hand against his forehead, smiling. What a dork. His smile instantly disappeared when he saw Hinata leaning toward him. "When did you smile like that?" the tangerine asked.

The setter raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean? I smile.... Sometimes."

"I know. It's just.... This one is so... different?" Hinata murmured.

"Was it?" the setter asked. His friend nodded. Huh. Maybe that why everyone teased the two thinking they were dating. 

>.<

Kenma frowned at himself in the mirror. His natural color was growing out more, he might have to redye his hair again.

If he finds motivation.

He frowned when his phone started ringing. When he grabbed it, he was even more disappointed. Kenma had seen this unknown number on Hinata's phone a lot, so it had grown familiar now. He answered, pressing it to his shoulder, and continued to mess with his hair lazily. "How'd you get my number?" he asked with a flat voice.

The annoying voice of Nishinoya answered. "What do you mean how? You're the most called contact on Hinata's phone. It was easy."

"Really?" the setter asked, accidently leaking out a bit of excitement in his voice. He choked on a random strand of hair, and coughed. "I mean, you hacked into Hinata's phone?"

Kenma knew Nishinoya was smirking when he said, "Why does it matter? Do you want me to send some selfies of our tiny crow, or see if he has any crushes? OR MAYBE YOU WANT TO SEE NU-"

"I'm hanging up."

"WAIT NO! I WAS JUST KIDDING. You see, my dear apprentice, I wanted to make an offer," Nishinoya said.

Kenma raised an eyebrow. "What in the world are you talking about? A offer for what?" he asked suspiciously. Nishinoya chuckled to himself (honestly it sounded kinda evil).

"Advice on how you can get your manzzzz," Nishinoya smoothly said.

Kenma knew what he meant all too well. "Are you speaking in riddles now?" he snapped, voice cracking. He fought back a groan and let himself slide to the bathroom floor.

"Don't act dumb~ Do you need more information? Lev isn't very good at keeping secrets, and Kuroo's doesn't seem to think. That's it. He literally seems like he doesn't think, unless he's in a match."

I knowwwwwwwww. THE STUPID PIECE OF SHI- "Darn it."

Nishinoya shifted his phone and all Kenma heard was aggressive hand movements. The he finally said, "So do you want to make a deal?"

A moment of holy silence.

Finally Kenma sighed and answered, "Depends on the conditions."