31

Hinata quickly stood up, and nervously brushed himself off. He didn't know why. He just wanted to process everything a bit.

More like wonder if he was in a coma yet.

"Waitwaitwait- Am I- Did you just- I am so confused, are we- What?" Hinata sputtered, forgetting how to speak.

Kenma was already back on his switch. Hinata was wondering how his sanity was still intact. Kenma glanced up for a moment to stare at the tangerine. "I said do you-"

"DON'T FINISH THAT! I-" Hinata's brain died and the two just stared at each other.

Kenma must've finally realized everything he said, because he hid his face behind his switch. He could easily play it off. It looked like he was fully concentrating on the screen. "Ah, sorry if I made you uncomfortable. You don't have to say anything if you don't want to," he said.

"Uncomfortable? No, it's fine. I guess we cou-"

"SHOYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Nishinoya's shout made multiple people look up from what they were doing. He slammed into the store. Then he realized who Hinata had been talking to. "Oh? Am I interrupting~"

"Yes," Hinata said, at the same time Kenma answered, "No." They glanced at each other. "No," Hinata said instead, Kenma changing his answer to, "Yes-"

Nishinoya gave them a blank stare. "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, okay then. I would leave, but Daichi is wondering where you are. He thinks you're leaving too much, and if he realizes you're with Nekoma's setter again, he'll probably flip a table."

"Oh," Hinata simply replied.

The Karasuno libero slowly nodded. "Sooo are you coming with me, or are you frozen in place?" he asked.

The tangerine shook his head. "I'm coming! Sorry Kenma, I'll have to tell you another time. See you later!"  Hinata waved before following Nishinoya out the store. Kenma frowned at him.

>.<

Hinata was staring blankly at a piece of paper, his pencil tilted to the side. He looked like he could've been asleep. Inside his head, he was still thinking of the question Kenma asked. Was it some type of joke? Maybe he had heard things and the setter had actually said, "Do you want to EAT out or something?" 

Bnhgjfhjfnhjjngjgbgurjg, that still doesn't seem right. What was he going to dooooo? His brain was dying. WHAT WAS HE GOING TO DOOOOOO?

Tsukishima glared at his smaller teammate. "No wonder why you're so stupid. You can't even study like a human," he muttered, pulling Hinata back into cruel reality.

"Whatever, sandpaper head. I was thinking about....these math problems!" Hinata snapped, now tapping his pencil anxiously.

Kageyama, who was sitting next to him, gave him a questioning expression. Tsukishima snorted. "There are no math problems. This is for English," Kageyama told him. He raised an eyebrow. "You okay?"

Hinata bit back a groan.  "I'm fine."

Nishinoya smirked. "I saw you with Kenma. What were you going to talk about at 'another time'?" he cut in.

Tanaka gasped in surprise.

That's the one subject I don't want to talk about- Hinata smiled at him. "Nothing really important."

Tsukishima looked up from writing something. "So you ran to him when you said you 'don't' like him? How suspicious," he cooed. Hinata glared at him, but couldn't find a good enough comeback.

"We just met. By the way, Noya-Senpai, are you doing one of your pranks with Kenma?" Hinata asked. "I just need to know."

For a second, the libero looked really disappointed. "No. I offered him some information about something, but he declined. So if he said anything mean, he did it at his own will." Nishinoya's expression changed. "If he DID say anything mean, we can tell Sugawara-"

"No."

"Yeah, he'd probably kill him. I've never met someone who wants to watch the world burn so mu-" He narrowed his eyes at Tsukishima. "I take that back." The blocker smiled sweetly at him.

Hinata scribbled on his paper. His own will, huh?