45

Tanaka's voice broke the deafening silence. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Not a very good way to bring everyone back into the present. Kageyama narrowed his eyes, and Hinata could actually see the disbelief in his eyes. "Them? Dating? You have to be joking," he snorted.

Kiyoko glanced at him. "Kageyama, sometimes you really need to learn how to shut up," she snapped.

Her simp nodded. "You never doubt majesties words," Tanaka added.

Yachi raised an eyebrow. "How? They both are boys. They wouldn't be able to have kids, or anything like that-"

Asashi looked even more anxious. "If they were dating, that's not any of our business. We shouldn't judge them for who they like or their gender," he spoke frantically. "And adoption is always an option. We aren't gonna talk about the other stuff-"

"Why are you acting like they're engaged?" Daichi asked, crossing his arms. "They haven't even answered the question."

Instantly the whole teams eyes were on the two. Hinata stood there awkwardly, trying to think of an answer.

"Do you guys even deserve my answer?" Kenma asked, looking irritated. 

Kageyama looked offended, and Tanaka's presence got intimidating real quick. Daichi had his teeth gritted, and his eyes closed.

"Since Hinata is part of Karasuno's team, and we are concerned about how he is mentally, yes. We do," the captain replied, letting each word slide out slowly. It was almost like a hiss.

Kageyama stomped his foot. "See? If they were dating he wouldn't be saying stuff like that! And I know Hinata. He loves volleyball more than anything!" he protested.

I mean, he isn't wrong-

Hinata hadn't spoke yet, and he could feel the suspicious stares. It was obvious Karasuno's setter was trying to get under Kenma's skin, but the pudding head just looked like he didn't want to be here.

Asashi was shifting awkwardly. The tension was too intense, and as a person who knew how to avoid getting into anything scary or bad, he stayed silent. Tanaka was humming smugly. Kiyoko stared at Hinata. Yachi had the expression that she wanted to crawl under something and stay there. Dachi was... pissed.

"QUIET!" The captain raised his voice, making everyone shut up. He inhaled. "Let's get this over with. Hinata? Kenma?"

The tangerine took a deep breath, his mind racing.

whatdoisaywhatdoisaywhatdoisaywhatdoisaywhatdoisaywhatdoisaywhatdoisaywhatdoisay-

Then the challenge came in his mind. He wanted Hinata to prove him wrong. Kageyama said that no setter could be better than The Great King.

Hinata raised his chin, and without hesitation, answered, "Yep. I don't see anything wrong with it."

The whole gym grew still.