49

"I GET IT!" Hinata chirped suddenly. "YOU'RE DEHYDRATED AND HUNGRY!" He grinned, until Tanaka splashed water on his face.

"You're so stupid. He's obviously hungry for some di-"

"DINO NUGGETS," Kenma interrupted loudly, feeling his face heat up. "I ADMIT I WANT SOME NUGGETS."

Hinata raised an eyebrow slowly, as if he didn't believe him. After what seemed like an eternity, he said, "Alright."

Kageyama inhaled. Kenma glared at him. He doesn't believe me. His switch made a noise and Kenma realized he was clenching it. Oh no. He wouldn't dare break his baby. He sat down on the grass, stroking his switch gently. Suddenly all emotion disappeared, letting peace remain.

It was like a video game. The main character has to fight his inner demons. Kenma imagined himself with a sword, fighting masses of ugly little goblins. He smiled.

Left, right, up, click, down. Level up.

This was the easiest method to survive in video games. Left was dodge; right was slash; up was jump attack; click was heal; and down was loot.

Thinking about games made Kenma want to play some. "Let me know when we're leaving," he murmured, starting up his favorite RPG.

He didn't know how long they were there, or how many levels he got. But eventually Hinata was patting his head. Kenma looked up, ready to snarl for him to go away. Instead he hissed, "What is it?"

"You can't stay here forever. Everyone's left already," the tangerine said. "Let's go home."

Kenma felt weird with Hinata saying that. But he nodded. "Mk."