Chapter 38: The Smile of a Fake Person

Author/Note[A/n]: Art Credit: Lulu from the discord!

I'd like to address the readers and your comments. Please, for the love of god, PLEASE don't comment slurs or make toxic comments about S/n or anyone in this book. They're all fictional, I know, and sometimes their actions can get very annoying at times but that doesn't mean it's right to comment r-slurs or make death threats that sounds very AND EXTREMELY wrong. Just like how we try to avoid calling Mineta a r*pist because he's just a hormonal teenager, please try to keep it civil in the comment section. You can be angry and show your anger without typing in offensive slurs. Thank you.

ALSO- That doesnt mean you guys can't comment your hatred or thoughts on the current chapter! Here are the list of words to not use when you're mad at (S/n): "R*tard, Sl*t, the n-word, and the 'I'll sl1t your throat' type of comments. The rest are all good so i hope this doesn't limit you guys from commenting cause we love to see your response as well! :))

Editor/Note [E/N]: this note format is just saying that I, Coralia, am just an editor and not the author asjkdfsf. cause I keep seeing people who confuse me and Miran.

[ pretty short chapter ahead! don't expect something like chapter 37 in a while ahaha-! We're tired. ]

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝If you focus too much on finding your place in this world, you'll wander aimlessly forever.❞

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

YOU WOKE UP TO THE STINGING SCENT OF DISINFECTANT. The white ceiling greeted you first, followed by the dull light seeping through the curtains beside the bed. The light shifting, as a small figure moved around from one place to another.

You blinked slowly. Hands clenching you moved carefully to not make a sound. Trying to sit up pain struck your head at the slightest movement. You lay back down and squeezed your eyes shut. Bringing your hands up to massage your temple.

Eventually, your head stopped spinning and you were left with a dull headache and dizziness instead.

What happened...? No, where were you? Opening your eyes, you let the pain subside, as you took in your surroundings.

You were in the infirmary of the stadium. The thoughts in your head never felt quieter than they did now. There was only the soft breathing of someone else in bed behind the curtains beside you. You shifted your hands in front of you and held them together gently. Collecting yourself You moved slow using your hands to support yourself into a sit.

It hasn't been a long time since you gained consciousness at the infirmary, but something felt off this time. Like there's something you're forgetting, an untouched memory waiting to be grasped underneath the confusion. The moment the thought passed your mind, did it hit you like a truck.