Chapter 39: The Festival's Finale

E/n: Art by MEEEE MOTHERFUCKERS!! she's strawberry blonde <333

A/n: We don't have any banner for today, so please excuse this!

WARNING: LONG ASS CHAPTER UP AHEAD!!!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝There's always something underneath the eyes of a pretender.❞

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────

          YOU WEREN'T SURE HOW MUCH TIME PASSED BY, but Izuku waited for you outside the waiting room. He stood behind the door, eyes staring absent-mindedly on his messed up and scarred hand. You on the other hand?

          You were smoothing out the jacket that Hiryu gave. Removing the traces of blood and dirt you left on it. Spraying cold water onto the blotches and scrubbing them away. If it were filthier than it currently was, you would have ignored it and waited to do laundry back at home since it would be too difficult to remove. But since it's a small amount of filth, you could easily rub them out.

        You placed the spray down on the table. "I think this is enough..." you muttered, your eyes glazing over the dirty gym uniform that you changed out of. You'll take care of that when you get home. But for now, you'll savor this fresh feeling you get from the new clothes now that you've changed out of the old gym uniform.

        "What the fuck are you doing here, Deku?!" It was a muffled, yet loud and clear tone.

        You perked up. "K-Kacchan?!" Of course, you heard Izuku's shriek as well. It didn't take too long to find out who was outside right at that moment.

        Your gaze darted towards the closed door. "Get out of the way!"

       "N-no, wait! (Y/n)-chan is—!"

       Before Izuku could finish his words, the door slammed open. Your eyes meeting sharp vermillion ones. Those of course belonging only to one person who could pierce your soul with them.

       "Hey," you greeted with a smile, one you knew he hated, as you stood up from the table and brushing the newly folded jacket on your arm. Katsuki's face was contorted, the red eyes of his were steady as he regarded you up and down. Glancing at him you said, "Good thing I wasn't in the middle of changing, or else you would have been in trouble you know."

         "Oi," Katsuki said darkly, his eyebrows scrunching along with his nose bridge, gritting his teeth. "Learn how to lock your door, you two-faced idiot."

         "Shouldn't you learn how to knock first?" Your words causing Katsuki to relax his face as your eyes flickered to Izuku, who was visible behind the blond's shoulder. He was trying to reach for Katsuki, but his hesitation showed the turmoil he had, you sighed he was doing his best in trying to interrupt his childhood bully/friend at least. 

         Then the slightest crease appeared between Katsuki's narrowed eyes. "Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be in fucking bed rest?"

         His irritated question tore your gaze away from Izuku. "Huh? Wait what— I was supposed to be on bed rest?" you asked tilting your head in confusion.

         "(Y/n)-chan, you know what Iida-kun said earlier about us being told you had a serious drawback," Izuku said slowly.

         "Shut the hell up." Katsuki snarled without turning around to look at the greenette— and that didn't sit well with you.