Chapter 16: Dirty Uniform and Filthy Medias

a/n: *sees the hate on (s/n) and her family* oh.. uh.. *sweats as i looked at the plot that i wrote* im sort of excited to continue up until the internship arc now...

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝They're all smaller parts of a bigger picture. And yet, they're all different from each other.❞

── ・ 。゚☆: *

── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

   TSUKAUCHI SIGHED. Papers stacked up like mountain of dishes unwashed, but in his case, these papers were unread instead.

How long had he been sitting in his office? He can't exactly remember, even he forgot when exactly he had breakfast as well, but the work was too much to make him dwell on small things such as time and food. To say the least, Tsukauchi's eyes stung from skimming all of the files laid out in front of him, which he didn't know how long he had even reading it since he first started this day.

A knock came through his office door, and Tsukauchi instantly looked up. "Come in," he said.

The subtle clicking of the door came, and a certain Pro-hero with wings walked through it with a couple of folders in his hand.

"Yo, detective man." Hawks smiled, closing the door behind him. Tsukauchi shot up from his seat with wide eyes. He wasn't expecting a visit from the man himself.

"Hawks! Did you find anything new?"

Hawks' smile faltered. "About the Apathy Syndrome and the Mental Breakdowns these past few weeks? No. But," he walked to the table and placed the folder, with Tsukauchi glancing at it. "We found another series of cases that is probably connected to both of those problems. Go take a look."

Tsukauchi stared at Hawks, his eyebrows furrowing as he smiled hesitantly. "It feels like I'll be given another set of job, huh?" Tsukauchi jokingly asked.

Hawks shrugged. "I'm just doing my job, detective man. Sorry to add more troubles to you." He chuckled, making Tsukauchi sigh. But nevertheless, the detective picked up one of the folder and flipped it open.

His eyes skimmed over the letters, narrowing as he finished reading in an instant. "Another set of accidents in Fukuoka? Is it the Apathy Syndrome or a Mental breakdown?"

Instantly, Hawks stare became serious. "I thought of that as well, when they gave that file to me at first. But the details in these cases were different than the Apathy Syndrome and the Mental breakdown cases."