Chapter 2: Leave Him Alone!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝If man does not believe in himself, he cannot support his soul.❞

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     SINCE THAT DAY ON THE ROOFTOP, Izuku never skipped out on talking to you. He's always at your side during recess, where you two ate together on the rooftop.

You began noticing the bags underneath his eyes. He would always be in school half an hour earlier than the usual schedule of his class. It wasn't difficult to connect the dots, but Izuku considered you as a friend. He's trying his best to adjust to your habits, and... it was endearing.

It didn't feel like the kind of 'friends' that your other classmates felt to you. He wasn't forcing himself to be by your side. He was just... there. Wanting to be your friend. A companion.

It felt.. strange. Izuku didn't mind your silent self, where you didn't have the courage and energy to smile. No, he would often give you a reason to smile, and you didn't feel tired when you're around him at all. It was nice to finally be yourself around someone.

But of course, being friends with someone like Izuku had consequences.

You stood by the gates, waiting for Izuku to meet you down here.

Rowdy students passed by you without even sparing a short glance. The teacher dismissed the class early since they didn't have any other orders to give to you, so you were a bit excited to hang out with Izuku more.

Minutes passed by in an excruciating manner. You leaned all your weight to your right foot, before shifting it to your left. The campus was already becoming empty. You took out your cracked and fusty phone that was passed down to you unwillingly from (S/n) because she was bought a new phone, and the only thing you're able to do was get her old ones instead.

You checked at the time consistently, glancing back and forth at the now-quiet school grounds.

Usually, Izuku would be waiting here at this spot. But if you were early, he would always come running and meet you at the same spot as well, so it shouldn't take long for him to be by your side.

But now...

Did he leave already? Was he getting tired of you?

Countless thoughts thumped in your head. Surely, he wouldn't, right? You two shared some bonds together, and you two depended on each other when you needed it... but was that all there is?

Maybe Izuku didn't like being with you. Perhaps deep inside, he was getting tired of you when he realized how boring the genuine 'you' is. Or he might have seen how better (S/n) is now that he got to know you more.