Chapter 10: The Milk Carton of Friendship

A/n: I know the whole seating arrangement is alphabetical in Japanese/Kanji way, but since this is a reader insert and everyone's names varies from A-Z, I made this random-ass seating arrangment for this story!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝The sun is up now, revealing all of us for what we really are. And it's fucking blinding.❞

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     "IS THIS THE FEELING YOU GET when you’re watching your child start her first day of school?”

“For the last time: you are not my parent, Pharos.”

Pharos tilted his head. His eyes traced your movements, as you brushed back your hair and placed a hairpin to secure the locks from falling on your face. “Would a hairpin be enough to not mistake you as your twin?”

You puffed your cheeks out. Pharos really does bring out your childish nature, and you’re lying if you said you didn’t enjoy every bits of your interaction with the boy. “I’m not sure if I want to take a big step and dye my hair. Besides, it’s still the first day. I’ll have plenty of time to think about that.”

Let’s just hope my classmates don’t mistake me as (S/n), you thought, wrapping the (f/c) scarf around your neck to finish off your look. You patted down your skirt, the smooth and cool texture of it brought you giddiness, as you observed your whole uniform on the mirror. In a spur of excitement, you twirled and checked out all of the details, starting from your knee-high socks and up until your hair. It took you a few second for the information to sink in: you’re finally going to your dream school.

You, as a general rule, always hid your emotions. You figured they were intel and vulnerability that you’d rather not hand over to anyone who can take advantage of it at any moment, and so at all times you hid behind the mastery-fake smile of yours.

But today was different.

No more groaning and complaining about going to school, cause this time- going to school is one of the things you would finally love to do. And excitement poured out of you like sunshine through fine white linen as you thought of the opportunities you missed out from the previous years.

Pharos felt a longing sense of touch as you smiled giddily in front of the mirror. The smile that cracked your face hadn't been seen since your childhood. He could hear your thoughts— how you just had a good feeling about the day, and how nothing that felt this right could possibly go wrong. He might have only been trailing you for the past few months, but the sight of you finally smiling without the pain and hut in your thoughts— to say the least, he was pleased.

“This is the first time I feel so proud of my achievements,” you said, turning to Pharos with a childlike grin. “Will you come with me to school too?”

ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ||  ʙᴏᴋᴜ ɴᴏ ʜᴇʀᴏ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍɪᴀ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें