Chapter 5: Wake

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝No one has the right to stop a brave warrior questing for his dream.❞

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     MOST PEOPLE TEND TO IGNORE YOU. Ten years of trying to fit in— your peers underestimated you. They would glance at you from time to time, whispering and thinking they were doing so quietly, but you heard them crystal clear.

This time was no different than before.

Your tiny steps felt as if it resounded all throughout the hallways, as the people around you glanced and muttered about you.

"That's her, right?" one murmured loud enough for you to hear, as your eyes skimmed the paper that you held tightly in your hand.

"She really does look like (S/n).. man, I never noticed her before." Ignore them, they will go away and get bored of you soon enough.

"That's not her at all. That girl is quirkless. The media is probably mistaken or making up shits. Maybe it's a new pro-hero with a fire quirk, y'know."

You gritted your teeth, breathing sharply so you could block out their words.

"But what if she had a quirk all this time?"

Another person snickered. "No way, she's too weak for that— eek!"

You're startled out of your thoughts at the sudden shriek. Your eyes darted to where it came from, and you couldn't help but stare at the much-more terrifying figure that loomed over the gossiper's form.

If there was another person who is affected by the media and buzzing people around, then it's him.

Katsuki sneered at their cowering form. "Get the fuck outta my way, you damn extras."

Knowing full-well that a Bakugou Katsuki should never be bothered, they scampered away from their spots, leaving you to stare wide-eyed at the one and only ticking time bomb Pomeranian.

His scarlet eyes flickered to your own ones, narrowed like it usually was.

Ever since the incident of the two villains captured in Musutafu—the sludge and the bug villain—, people had taken an interest on both of you. The ones, as they said in the news, who 'bravely faced' the villains before the pro-heroes arrived.

You knew it was bullshit in your part, considering that the nurse told you about the details when you woke up: You directed the attention of the villain away from the kid, who called someone for help, and a stranger, not a pro-hero, saved you and took you to the hospital after seeing your battered form. While it was the pro-heroes who detained the villain, it was still a civilian who helped you.