Chapter 8: Butterfly Effect

A/n: this fanart is made by @nessie in quotev, and it's a fanart of Fenrir and Reader's outfit as well as the mask!! (which is totally what i imagined as well ksfjhsjdns)

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝The things a person shows to the outside world isn't necessarily what he thinks.❞

── ・ 。゚☆: *

── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

YOU WERE BREATHLESS BY THE TIME YOU DROPPED YOUR EVOKER. A dull thud sounded through the grass, the whispers of the trees ringing relentlessly in your ears. This feeling.. this phenomenon.. it was not all in vain, right?

Every slice, every call- hell, even every bruise decorating your body- it wasn't all for nothing, right?

Fenrir's arched form crumbled as your heart wavers, until he disappeared like a blown dandelion's puff. His disappearance plagued you like a knife plunged into your head - it hurts. And you were exhausted.

Your knees buckled below you, the side of your vision turning grey instead of the ominous green. The grey was cold, yet welcoming. Like turning over the cool side of your pillow after using it for hours.

You've overworked yourself once again.

You fought these nightly monsters until your soul felt forcefully separated from your own being. Yet it doesn't quench your thirst- your thirst for victory.

Ha, why is 'victory' flooding your mind now? Originally, you were only a quirkless kid. Quirkless and inexperienced in how reality works. Only seeing the dull parts of the world and not the whole canvas. That was you, (L/n) (Y/n).

But then a kid came, handing you a contract. There, the contract nestled on his dainty hands- it filled your longing for power, and the longing to escape from the shackles of this dull world. That contract, that power, it was supposed to bring you back on track.

So you could finally achieve your dreams.

"When are you going to snap out of it?"

The sudden presence startled you, and you find yourself staring back with steely, aquatic blue eyes.

"P-Pharos? What are you.." You froze. Pharos wasn't smiling. He narrowed his eyes, looking down at you.

"Do you still remember your own dream, (Y/n)?" he asked, as you sat up in confusion. From this angle, and from his glare, he towered over you ominously. It was different from the usual creepiness coming from him.

"Of course I do.." You wanted to be a hero, someone who fights and helps those who are suffering. That was what you wanted to say, but you felt the words stuck itself on your throat.