Chapter 40: A Day Off

A/n: I was contemplating on whether or not I should draw for this chapter, but here we go! This is my drawn version of (Y/n), so this isn't what she actually looks like since that's up for you guys to imagine (it's a reader insert after all). Hope you enjoy this new chapter! 

E/n: fluff in here dedicated to my lovely platonic spouse Koyu.👁️👁️ 
And Mother's Day I guess-

WARNING: should I even warn it if every chapter is like this? LONG CHAPTER UP AHEAD!!!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝Finding the meaning, looking deep into the truth and accepting it for the better— isn't that how life should be?❞

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     YOU WERE TIRED AND SORE after the Sports Festival, your muscles, in pain. More so when you rested. You just wanted to sleep, to rest after all the muscle tearing exercise, and battles yesterday. But as you stirred on your soft bed—

     “You’re awake.

     A smooth voice whispered right above you. His voice. Chilling, yet a comforting sound to your ears. You thought you’d be able to fall asleep to it; that is, if he continued talking.

     Instead, a weight sat next to your bed, he shifted, and as you cracked your eyes open...

     A smile had adorned your tired face.

     "I missed you,” you said.

     Pharos paused. You rolled over to your side, with a grunt. Half-lidded eyes gazed around in a daze before your head tilted to the side. To look at the boy, rubbing your eyes, still lying flat on your bed.

     "You missed me?" he repeated, a soft smile dancing on his pale lips. His hand reached out; stopping for a moment before he pulled back and just laid down over your legs, "I missed you too. Did you have a good rest?"     

     You breathed out a heavy sigh, closing your eyes and letting Pharos squish you, is this what it's like to have a little sibling? "I felt drained. Yesterday was... eventful to say the least. That's why I slept like a rock.” Pharos smiled patting your leg, numbing under his weight.

     "I know. That's why I didn't come out and talk to you as well. That nurse's power reduced your stamina, and if I dared to come out yesterday, you would have fainted before you could get your award."

     "Hm... It's fine," was all that you could say as you closed your eyes and made peace with your fate. A fate of pins and needles.