Chapter 26

"So are you going to sleep here tonight, grandma?" Asked a curious grandchild.

"No honey, I have to go back home, I'm sure it needs some cleaning. Also, after spending all that time abroad, I really want to be around familiar surroundings." Responded the old woman.

"Okay, I will go back with you then." She shrugged.

The second these words left her mouth, Ryker's face fell. He didn't want her to be away, he wanted her to be by his side; always.

"No honey, it would be enough if you visit me regularly. Both of you should try and start establishing your life as a couple." Reasoned Feline.

"You are right, grandma Feline." Smiled a relieved Ryker.

"We can still drive her there and you can spend time with her until night." He added.

Willow looked between her grandmother and Ryker, she decided to make a fuss and stay composed. It's true that currently, she wanted nothing but to go back to her grandma's house and feel its warmth again, but she decided she didn't want any drama, not after everything that has happened today.

Sighing Willow accepted the offer with open arms.

"Though, can I tag along. I would like to help with the house cleaning." Smirked Ryker as he found a way to still be around his Willow.

"Of course darling." Nodded a cheerful Feline.

Willow rolled her eyes as she shook her head in disbelief. "Can't a girl have some private time with her grandmother in your world." She nagged.

"Come on Willow, don't be mean to him." warned the kind old woman.

Willow just turned around towards their room tugging him with her. "Get ready grandma Feline, we'll be leaving shortly." informed the young master of the mansion.

When they were in the safety of their own room, she spoke.

"So you want to help cleaning, huh?"

"Yes, what's wrong with that. your grandmother cooked a delicious dish for me and this is my way to thank her." He shrugged in disbelief.

"So you're telling me you thank everyone that cooks for you! What do you do to maids then?" 

"We pay them." laughed an amused guy.

"Ugh, anyway. Let's go." She ordered after taking her purse and phone along with her.

Ryker helped his in-law carry her luggage to his luxurious car before opening the doors for both ladies that were accompanying him.

Once they arrived and he had to look inside her house for the first time since they met, he felt a surge of comfort coming out in waves from her tiny house compared to the mansion she now resided in. Nevertheless, it was well decorated and perfect for only two people to live in.

"Darling show him around the house, this is his first time visiting us."

"Okay, grandma." approved a happy Willow.

Throughout the house tour that didn't take more than few minutes, Ryker was excited to see her room. He wanted to see her sanctuary and know more about her.

"And finally this is my bedroom." She sighed getting in as she missed everything around her.

"It's beautiful and cosy I like it." He voiced out as he walked around the room.