Chapter 50

Ryker sighed in frustration, he looked at her then to the ceiling what was he going to do?

"Turn around." He ordered.

"I'm sleepy, your family drained all my energy." She stated.

"Willow, I didn't say she won't pay for what she did it's just temporary." He reasoned.

"I don't care, Ryker. Do whatever you want." She spoke nonchalantly.

"What do you want me to do, huh? The girl's father is a family friend." 

"And I'm a WIFE." She stressed the word, "Let her send a gang next time, so the work gets done for sure." She looked back glaring at him.

"I will talk to David tomorrow, forget about the issue." He declared trying to please her.

"We'll talk after you talk to him." She stated.

"Willow, I said I will deal with it." He fumed.

"Don't yell at me Ryker, I'm sick and tired and you don't scare me, keep the energy." Willow advised in the coolest tone she could muster.

"My goal is never to scare you, but if that's what you need to start respecting me I can terrify you." He warned before leaving the bed to keep his hands to himself. 

Willow looked at his retreating form as he walked to the terrace. She felt a little guilty, he was under a lot of pressure as his family was pushing him to the edge. But she was under more pressure, at least that's what she thought.

Willow slowly made her way out of their bed and walked toward his well-built frame.

"Ryker!" She called.

"Yes." Came a harsh voice.

Willow didn't expect the harshness of the man that was so considerate all this time, he never laid hand on her and he took good care of her, remembering the past events Ryker himself was a victim of his father's choices and yet again despite him being a pain in the neck, he still made sure to protect her whenever possible.

"Can we talk?" She spoke softly.

"I'm listening." He spoke indifferently.

"It's cold outside, let's talk inside, please." She smiled giving him her hand.

She wasn't going to back down from anything that she has demanded but she needed to make this man feel appreciated, at least once.

Ryker ignored her hand and walked in before closing the huge terrace windows after him.

"Go to bed." He ordered before going to the bathroom to cool down.

Willow decided to give him some space, leaving the room she decided to go make something warm to drink. The house was quiet if it wasn't for the nighttime maids who still walked around the ground floor.

"Ma'am, how can I help you?" Asked one of them.

"Oh, I just want to make something warm to drink, don't bother yourself." She smiled earning herself a nod.

Willow was pouring Ryker's drink when he came down in a hurry. He let go of a sigh when he found her and leaned on the kitchen entrance taking in her image.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in a low voice.

Willow didn't expect his presence to which she jumped when he made himself announced.

"You scared me!" She put a hand on her heart.

"What are you doing I said?"

"I thought about giving you some space, and I made us something to drink." She shrugged before putting his glass on the counter in front of him. Walking towards him, Willow stood between the stool he sat on and the counter, trying to grab his attention.