Chapter 38

It was a long day indeed and Willow felt drained after all the events that had happened, she felt like it was longer than a day. Cosying up in her bed, she missed everything about her house and her sheets and the smell of home overall.

"You can stay home tomorrow if you want." Suggested Ryker as he joined her in bed.

"Why would I?" She raised an eyebrow.

"You recharge your social battery, I know what happened today is not easy, and I will deal with it tomorrow, don't worry." He assured her.

"What are you going to do?" She used her elbow to support herself, this was not a joke she knew what he's capable of doing.

"I will do what I need to do, you don't have to worry about that." 

"Ryker don't get yourself in trouble for me." She warned, she knew he can go to some extent and she wouldn't want him to break rules.

"Trouble? Me?" He laughed.

Rolling her eyes she laid back down on her pillow, "Too much arrogance."

"So! You want to go or you chill here."

"Of course I will go, I need to attend my lectures."

"Whatever you say." He smiled before sneaking his arm around her waist. Squealing, Willow warned in a low voice, "Get your arm off." 

"The bed is small, and you were in my arms hours ago." He whispered in her ear sending a shiver down her spine to which he smiled as he knew he had some sort of effect on her.

"Don't try anything, grandma is here." She warned.

"Alright, come closer then." He smirked.

"Don't even dream about that." She spoke as her back faced his front.

With one pull Willow's back collided with his front.           

A knock on the door woke the couple up, Ryker groaned as he rubbed his eyes before leaning on the bed frame to support himself. For a second he forgot that they were at grandma Feline's house, looking next to him; Willow looked peaceful in her sleep, he can tell she was tired.

"You can enter, Feline." He informed.

"No I won't bother you, I just came to inform you that breakfast is ready and I'm leaving for some grocery shopping, eat before you leave, okay?"

"Thank you, you're the best." He responded from behind the door.   

Checking his phone, he found a message notification from Josephine, she sent him a message and a video attachment. 

'I can't believe Willow can do this, you seemed to be quite interested in her. I'm sorry for you.'    

Ryker rolled his eyes at the pathetic behaviour, he put his phone back on the nightstand and decided to freshen up before waking his partner up, it's going to be a long day, he knew that.

"Willow, it's about time you wake up, we need to leave soon." He informed while changing his clothes.

"Just five more minutes." 

"No, you have to wake up. We'll be late." He stated, spraying some of his perfume.

"It's okay, you own the place." She mumbled making him laugh.

"That doesn't mean you're allowed to show up late, get up and get ready."