Chapter 41

After the main course came the desert and the family decided to gather around the living room and drink some tea. 

"Excuse me! I wish to go back to our room." Declared Willow.

"We would like to know more about you though!" Spoke the grandmother.

Willow looked Ryker in the eyes before sitting down on one of the expensive couches this family owned.

"Sure!" Spoke an irritated Willow, not that she was trying to be disrespectful or anything, but the first impression this old woman gave her didn't settle well with her and she no longer likes her vibe.

"So who are your parents?" Asked the old woman.

"I don't think you would know them if I tell you." Responded Willow never losing eye contact with the woman.

"If they are prestigious enough, I will." 

"What's prestigious for you, ma'am?" Asked a now angry Willow who was struggling to compose herself in order not to commit any mistake, she would kill Ryker if he mistreated her grandmother, so she won't do what she hates the most to someone else. 

"Do they own a successful business, maybe?" 

"We go back to how you define success, ma'am!" Replied Willow.

Ryker looked at her with a smirk, he knew what this girl was trying to do and he respected her even more for that.

"Are you trying to dodge my question or what, young lady?" Asked a now irritated old woman.

"No, I was just asking you precise questions so I can give you the exact response you wish to hear, ma'am." 

"She's from a decent family, her parents are successful but she lived with grandmother." Responded Mr Hendrix.

"What do they own?" Asked the old man.

"I'm sorry but why do you care so much about such things? I don't even live with my parents nor does your grandchild have any other option now that we signed the contract. If you want to ask me about me go ahead please, but you're not sitting with my family right now; you're sitting with me."

Spoke Willow still trying to control her tone in order not to sound mean or disrespectful to elders.

"These are just traditions, and we want the best for our grandchild." Spoke the grandmother.

"Don't worry, Ryker won't find better than me." Smiled Willow with confidence, making Ryker choke on his juice in amusement.

"Indeed, I will never find better than you." He winked with a smile on his face. Willow reciprocated the facial expression before excusing herself once again for once and for all for the day.

Running towards their room, she paced around once she closed the door behind her. She didn't like the situation one bit. That spoiled brat had the audacity to say that his grandparents are chill. For her it felt like they were weighing her worth and trying to find an opportunity to disrespect her, no wonder his father behaves the way he does; she was glad Ryker has the potential of breaking the cycle of toxicity in his family.

Sighing she decided to get ready to leave, if they want him to stay here she will go back to her grandma's place- which is an opportunity for her- and he can enjoy his stay here with a bunch of old crazy people who were never taught how to respect others.