Chapter 53

Willow woke up to a warm embrace and an exquisite mouth-watering masculine scent, her nose made contact with a clothed warm yet hard surface. She opened her eyes to be met with his chest, sniffing his scent in she sighed.

"You woke up!" He smiled making her tilt her face up in order to see him.

"Did you sleep?" She asked in curiosity.

"I did, but a phone call woke me up." He informed kissing the top of her head, "Go get ready, we should leave soon, it's a long ride." He added.

"Right away, you fix your clothes too." She stated leaving the bed in a hurry.

Ryker looked at her retreating form with a smile on his face, he has never thought that he would like someone this way, the fact that he stopped his affairs for a woman that didn't allow him to touch until not so long ago amazed him, the fact that he's getting attached to the person who was imposed on him by his father made him flabbergasted.

It didn't take her long to get ready and pack a bag for both of them, she looked at herself in the mirror and for the first time in so long, she seemed to be joyful.

Ryker sneaked his arms around her while bending down to put his chin on top of her head, "You look beautiful, babe." He smiled in pride making a grin touch her lips. 

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"I am, shall we leave?"

"Yes, let's go. However, don't worry if grandma starts a lecture. I'll deal with her." He warned making her nod.

Grabbing the expensive bag in his right hand, his left found Willow's hand and entangled their fingers leading the both of them to the main living room right in front of the main entrance, and as predicted, his grandmother was sitting so elegantly there.

"Where are you going with that bag?" She asked immediately.

"We're going on a short trip grandma." Informed a respectful Ryker.

"A short trip while the whole family is gathering?" She asked in annoyance.

"Well, I miss my wife. I want to spend some peaceful time with her on our own." He said before a maid took the bag from him and headed towards the car he chose for the day.

"I don't see this appropriate, your ceremony is in a week and a half, you will have your honeymoon right after, why are you leaving now?" Spoke Ellen in anger.

"This is your idea right?" She added accusing Willow.

"Even if it was my idea, I don't think my husband would agree with me if my idea was wrong." Defended Willow.

"It was my idea, grandma. Willow wanted to ask for your permission first but I think where I go with my wife is up to me, right grandma?" He smiled tenderly before kissing Ellen's forehead. "You know I love you more than anything in this world." He whispered in her ear calming her rage down.

"Go and be safe, don't stay out for too long." She nodded.

Ryker smiled at her assuring her that they'll return tomorrow evening to which she nodded and dismissed them.

Willow got on the passenger's seat sighing in relief, "That was unnecessarily intense." She shook her head in disbelief.

"Well, imagine living with this family forever, my poor mom had to."

"Was your mom treated like this too?" Asked a curious Willow.

"Worse." Sighed Ryker while fastening his seatbelt.

"Why? I mean if you don't mind me asking."

"Well, my father wasn't supportive. He only cared about the woman he loved before mom was imposed on him. He would come home to verbally and physically abuse her and when my aunt is around it gets worse. She lied to my father many times just to get him to fight with mom. So it was way worse than this." He informed, his eyes fixed on the road.