Untitled Part 22

***Malachi***
One week and four days. and counting.
I have heard nothing from her.
No texts, calls, emails. 
Every time I go and visit, she is never home. The helper says the same thing every single time
"Miss Moore is not home right now, do you have a message I can relay,"

The message is certainly no one's business but ours. At first, I thought she was lying. I thought she was actually home but ignoring my arrivals, but one night, I saw her car pulling into the house extremely late at night. I was driving by to make sure she was home, as a concerned person would. I wasn't trying to be creepy. Although, it does sure sound like it.

She has no bodyguard with her when she comes home at the same time every night. I have no idea what time she leaves in the morning, and I never catch her on time. I also have work to do. I wonder what she must be doing. 

I would come home wondering and overthinking everything. 
I can't seem to remember what life was like before I met her about five months ago. I can't seem to remember anything at all, really. 

My father comes home in two days.
He is going to ask questions that I cannot answer truthfully. Questions that I probably won't know how to answer. I still know nothing about the girl and it's not like I have files of her life somewhere. 

"Mr. Stone, you have some people here to speak to you," my father's assistant says. 

"Let them in," I feel unprepared, no one has scheduled to meet with me today.

Three men walk inside and take their seats. I know them. They were at the last meeting when we discussed the problem with relocating the drug stash from my store. I remember Tempest telling me how she negotiated ownership of a bookstore to solve this problem.

"What can I help you, gentlemen, with?" I say, straightening up in my seat as my father does when speaking to clients. He always told be appearance will catch someone's attention with words. Looks assertive. look engaged and sophisticated. 

They look at one another before speaking. I assume something is wrong.

The first man, Marcus, speaks up, "We are here to talk about the young lady, Miss Moore," he clears his throat. I feel a lump in my throat, finally, someone is talking about her.

"What about Miss Moore?" I ask.

The second man, Benedict, speaks next, "Within the week we transferred the... substances into her care... well, they completely sold out,"

"Pardon?" I lean forward.

"Yes, we were just as shocked, usually we would delay the usual weekly deliveries because we never sell out so quickly, but she managed to get it all completely wiped out. With more money made than a monthly selling. In one week, Sir,"

What the actual fuck...

"How? How did she do it?"

Martin, the last man, hands me a folder, "She held a meeting roughly a week ago, those are the details of the meeting. She came in with a completely different plan than what we're used to. Different routes, different areas to target, she even gave a list of high spenders to sell to first. At first, we all doubted changing the methods would work but-"

Benedict cuts in, "But when we went along. Maybe her failure of a plan would cause her to step down. What shocked us, even more, was when she directly talked to the dealers. No man... or woman of high status has ever shown their face, because they can easily become targets, as you know. We are the only ones who relay messages, but she walked in and talked to them. Next thing you know, all those grams of cocaine was sold with the correct amount of money,"