Chapter 33

***Tempest***

I feel a cold splash of water drenches me, drowning me into consciousness. I seem to be seated in a chair, hands tied behind my back.
My skull feels cracked open, as my vision begins to focus.
Olivia is nowhere to be seen. I panic. I frantically try to break free, wondering where she is and what they did.

"Easy, easy. Don't hurt yourself," A man in a suit comes out of the shadows, and the man who splashed me with a bucket of water steps aside, "My oh my, you are gorgeous when you are upset, dear,"

I spit the blood pooling in my mouth on the ground next to his shoes. He looks at me in disgust. An unladylike gesture can sure make a woman seem hideous.

"I am only here to relay a message," he grabs a seat and sits in front of me, "Sorry I couldn't send an email or a letter, but it seems you have gotten into a business you don't belong in,"

"What business would that be?" I ask, feeling the circulation in my hands getting cut off with the tight ropes wrapped around my wrists, "Why pull all of this just to give me a message? You couldn't have been civil?"

The man laughs, "It seems you do not understand verbal threats. You do not understand when you are needed to step down. instead, you go and dig into files and information that someone your age shouldn't know about. If you weren't of importance, you would be dead by now," he leans forward, elbows resting on his knees, "You need a physical threat to understand how serious your knowledge is, Miss Moore,"

I wonder when someone will come in and shoot the messenger here. I feel my head get heavier by the second. "Knowledge is power, and here you are proving exactly how much power I hold over you and whoever you work for,"

My face flings to the side as a slap across the face burns my right cheek.
I laugh.
I laugh hard and loudly, coughing near the end.

The man looks furious, eyes display fire and rage. "You are quite the brave one for speaking to me like that," he loosens his tie a bit, breathing heavily, "I heard you were trouble, but I didn't think you would be so blatant,"

"What the fuck did you expect? You hold my friend hostage and lure me here only for me to get knocked out and beaten!" I yell with all the energy I have.

"Oh, stop. We returned your friend back to where we found her, I am sure she is safe by now. We knew we had to hit you where it hurt in order for you to come alone, but you managed to kill one of my men and wound the other. Astounding, but very unexpected to come from someone who looks like you, dear. I can only imagine how troubled you really are up here," he points to his head.

"So what do you want? What could possibly be so important that you have to harm her? I understand why I was hit. I am very reckless and nosy and intimidating to you people, but she did nothing wrong and you hit her. You know she is a model, right? She can't have scars or imperfections like normal people," I rant on about how she didn't deserve any of this, and he gives me a bewildered look.

"Child, you are tied up with your life on the line and you are defending your friend? At least you have loyalty," he rolls his eyes, "Anyway, we have found out you were asking for classified information regarding the Romano Italian Mafia, particularly Marigold Holland Romano, wife of Joseph Romano. As you may already know, the topic is quite sensitive and anyone outside of the people involved is not allowed to know. So you can imagine how furious Mr. Romano was he heard the granddaughter of the Moore Mafia was doing unnecessary digging into his family." he pulls out a handkerchief and sighs.

I watch his hand inch closed to my face and dab under my nose, "My apologies for being too touchy, blood makes me squeamish,"

I flinch away when he presses too hard and he apologizes again. I see someone approach him from the shadows. The familiar guy from earlier. It is giving me a headache as to why I cannot remember him.

"Sir, they are on their way. I have managed to get all the files from the Moore Mansion while everyone was distracted," the guy says. I examine what he is wearing, everything all too familiar, like I have seen this all before.

It clicks.
This is a uniform.
Specifically worn by the guards of Moor Mansion, I can tell by the stitch at the end of the sleeve or a dark red M.

"Tommy?" I say, recognizing him, "It's you,"

Tommy looks stunned.
The other man looks between me and Tommy, "Wow, she is good. Even I don't have my own staff memorized," he gets up and checks his watch, "Well, Miss Moore. It seems that I must go. I hope you will be more careful about who or what you meddle with in the future. I would hate for you or any of your loved ones to... get hurt because of your recklessness.... Especially the pretty red-head boy. I must say you two made quite the entertainment,"

"You spied on me?" I am horrified. My biggest fear. being known without me knowing. I know nothing of this man but he knows me.

He is exactly like me.

"Not spied... that's creepy, but we monitored respectfully," he smiles as if that makes anything better. He nods at Tommy and makes his leave saying, "I hope you keep our conversation a secret, dear. Your life depends on its confidentiality,"

Tommy cuts the ropes around my wrist before whispering, "I won't ask for your forgiveness, but I would hope you do the right thing to keep everyone safe. and sorry about punching you in the face, but at least You won't be seeing me ever again,"

At this point, my brain has begun shutting down.
His blurred figure walks away.

I stretch my arms in front of me, my joints popping back into a comfortable place. I take a moment to catch my breath, I feel like my lungs have been punches over and over. My legs cry in agony as I stand, and I feel even heavier as my damp clothes weigh me down a bit more than usual. I drag my feet, hoping to see a trustworthy familiar face any time soon.

What am I going to do now?
Everything is not going according to plan, I can't do anything anymore. My hands are free yet they feel tied. I saw what my actions did today. Olivia...I hope she is okay, I hope she safe I hope she is okay.

I hear loud arguments outside.
Familiar voices arguing.

My knees buckle and I fall on them, pain stringing up my thighs. I double over coughing.

A ringing in my ear surfaces.

"TEMPEST-" I hear someone yell my name. I see people running to me, hands grabbing me. "Can you hear me? Hey, hey look this way," It's Frank. Of course, it's Frank.

"Took you long enough, Franky doodle," I croak, grabbing unto his arm as he helps me to my feet.

He pulls me into his arms and pats my head, "Are you hurt?"

"If I am, I can't feel it," I pull away, "Is Olivia oaky-"

"She is fine, they took her to the hospital to make sure there were no internal damages," He takes off his coat and places it over my shoulder.

We walk out the doors together, where arguing gets louder.

"Mr. Stone, you cannot put your life at risk-"

"Do not tell me what I can and cannot do, I should be able to-"

Silence.

Frank walks me over to where a group of people is huddled, where cars are parked. The sky is pitch black, the stars are visible, the air is cold, sending my wet body shivering.

Malachi pushes past three-body guards and rushes over to me.
His hands cup my face, warm hands, "angel," he whispers. He pulls me into his chest.

I collapse into the warmth.
I feel myself getting lifted off the ground and put into the car. I know I am still in Malachi's arms. His scent welcomes me and begins to assure my safety.

"You crazy psychotic impulsive woman. You almost killed us," he says into my hair.

I tiredly laugh.
Tears fall down my face.
Silent tears, which at first I thought was water from my hair.
But I silently weep.

For my mother, who never had arms to comfort her in the way I do now.
For my lovely Olivia, who suffered because of me.
For Frank, who swears to protect me.

For Malachi, who holds me as I disintegrate in my mind.

And for me.
For the girl who grew up too fast, too careless, and loveless.
I am left powerless today.

******