Chapter 46

I enter the doors I have walked in and out of several times, but this time it feels different. It doesn't feel welcoming anymore. To think I have lived here for months without knowing the man who ruined my life for good lived here too.

I watch Frank and Christopher take my bags upstairs. I head into the kitchen to grab a snack. It's almost 4, which means my grandfather won't be home for a couple more hours.

"So how was the trip?" Frank asks, eagerly.

I smile, "It was fun. The Romano Family was a lot nicer than I expected," The worst thing about all of this is the fact that I can't trust Frank either. I know he only started working here in recent years, but I can't take any chances.

"What did Mr. Holland say?" he asks.

"Mr. Romano," I correct him, "his name is Carlos Romano, he doesn't go by his wife's last name. He was... interesting. But after he apologized, I was set free from vacationing," 

"That's great. Meanwhile, we were all bored out of our minds. We had no one to watch over or wake up in the morning. No one to randomly curse in the middle of the day... It was uneventful," Frank sighs, "But I am glad you are back. We can go back to our shenanigans, right?"

I watch his enthusiasm. I watch him carefully, "Right. Well, I need to rest up. I have people to meet later,"

He nods and moves out of my way as I make my way to my room.
I walk inside and smell a fresh lavender scent. The room is shiny clean, neat, and tidy. It upsets me that I have to lock myself in here to create a master plan of how I will execute my revenge. No one to trust or befriend. 

I text Olivia, telling her I have arrived safely and will like to see her and Julian later. She replies quickly, per usual, with an agreement. 

I sit at my desk and log in to my email account.
It's the beginning of July, and I will be starting University in August. Less than a month to go.
Although I have already chosen what school I want to go to, I scroll through the other acceptance emails. Bingo.
I smile at the screen.

I reach for my suitcase and dig out the folder Carlos had given to me. 
I highlight the important things I need to attack Mr. Stone, first. All emails, text messages, transactions, etc. There is no way he will escape my hands this time. 

Which reminds me.
I rush to the intercom and press it, "Frank, if you are here, come up to my room please," I run back to my desk and clean up the papers, shoving them in my drawer just in time. Frank knocks then enters.

"Yes?" he says.

"Remember Mr. Stone's goons? The ones that killed Fernandez? I told you to release them, but you think we can get them back. I have some questions," I say, not trying to give too much away.

Frank looks at me sideways, "Questions? I thought you were done with this while 'Operation Takedown Jacob Stone' thing. What answers do you want?"

"That's for me to find out. Round them up from wherever they are and put them in the facility. Let me know when it is done," I command, not trying to deal with any bullshit.

"Yes, Ma'am..." Frank says, "Anything else?"

I nod, "The address to the Stone's mansion. I need it, now,"

Frank takes out his cellphone and a second later, mine alerts me of a message. "There you go. Anything else?"

"Yes, one last thing. My keys. I will need my car keys," I state.

Frank shakes his head, "I can't do that. The same rules still apply. Either one of the guards take you wherever you go, or you don't leave the house at all,"