Chapter 32

***Tempest***

"Your Grandfather will be arriving home later this evening, so I hope you will come home earlier than usual," Frank says, following me with a list in his hand, "We have also delivered the invitations to all the guest for the dinner next week, sending marigold bouquets with each invitation as you asked. The venue is ready, decoration will start taking place Monday to your liking. The caterers have been booked, and we have received two RSVPS, from the Michealsons and the Kinsmen so far. I will update you with more as the week goes,"

I simply nod.
My mind has been everywhere lately. I almost forgot Gramps is coming home tonight, the week has flown by too quickly.

"And how far are we in discovering the Stone controversy?" I ask, opening my bedroom door. Frank stands by the door and waits for me to come back out before we continue our conversation.

"Well, that's something we need to sit and discuss, ma'am," he opens the door to the study. I do not know what to expect honestly, every day is something new with this man.

I settle down into my seat.
"Well, please. Go on,"

Frank clears his throat, "It seems Mr. Stone is... in heavy, heavy debt," he takes a seat in front of me and speaks in a hushed tone, "This is very confidential information, and it's a battle of pride and shame. Marigold Holland happens to be, now keep up okay, she happens to be sister-in-law to the Italian Mafia Boss. Mr.Stone had an affair with her... and the husband found out, unbeknownst to them. It wasn't until a night at a casino, where Mr. Stone made a huge gamble that he realized he had been set up,"

I put my hand up, "Wait... so you're telling me... Mr. Stone had an affair and then got set up into gambling more than he can afford, correct?"

Frank nods, "There is more," I feel like we are best friends gossiping about some scandalous matter, which isn't far from the truth, "So, I am sure you know, one of the biggest and most respected rules in very Mafia is to never infatuated with each other's wives. Women are respected, especially in the Italian Mafia. So, the original compensation was... to take Emelia and Malachi away from Mr. Stone, but he refused. Instead, he told them about the lack of an heir to this mafia and how his son was capable of getting the spot. If Malachi gets to be the heir, he won't stay an heir for long... the Hollands are going to come and take over. If Malachi does not succeed, Mr. Stone and his family will have to suffer the consequences,"

I sit there blinking, at what I just heard.
I feel a splitting headache coming on.
I sit back and stare at the ceiling, pushing my brain beyond its limits again and updating my data.

Jacob Stone.
Accounting Agency Owner. Underboss and a drug lord, which explains the money missing from his bank for the past five years. He has been trying to pay off as much as possible.
Relation with Marigold Hollands: deadly affair went worse.
Three-body counts.
I understand the murder of the previous drug lord and Ferdnadez, though they are not excusable, he was just trying to gain power and control.

But what does the killing of Julian's father have anything to do with this?
Speaking of Julian, I have to go meet him today.

"So, you're telling me if Malachi doesn't become heir, he is in danger?" I tell Frank.

"Precisely, but not just him. Anyone who knows of this is a possible target. Mr. Hollands is very very prideful and will kill anyone who speaks of this matter lightly. So, I advise you to pick your cards wisely, Tempest. You are far too young to get caught in the crossfire,"

I rub my eyes.
Hoping maybe I am dreaming.

"So Gramps doesn't know about any of this? He was just about to willingly give my place to Malachi?" I say, even though I already know the answer.