Twenty-Seven

A/N: It's been a while, I know, but it's here now 💜.

"Did you tell him?" As the social worker talked to Jin on another side of the hospital room, Taehyung whispered in Jungkook's ear while eating together.

Jungkook glanced at him and dismissed the idea, saying, "This is not the time."

A frown spread across Taehyung's face as he stared at Jungkook, "I don't think there will ever be a right time, you should tell him. Although it might not be my concern, if you do not tell him, I will. Not today, but one day." Taehyung clarified his statement as he saw Jungkook glaring at him.

"I will tell him, just mind your business. He is pregnant, by the way."

Taehyung's eyes widened, and he looked in Jin's direction then back at Jungkook, "isn't he at risk given what happened last time? He is probably going to need to be put on bed rest, at least let me not say this as it is not my area of practice."

Jungkook nodded, "yeah, you might be right. I have a specialist that I know seeing him later; he works here. He will see him as soon as he gets here, so we will have a better idea of what we need to do. As you said, he will probably suggest a bed rest regimen, but Jin will not be okay with that."

"Oh." Taehyung responded, "so what will you do?"

Jungkook shrugged, "I don't know; maybe it's not for us to expand our family. It may be true that we're not suited for another child. Unless he decides to do what's recommended, we will have the same thing happen again, or he can get an abortion, but I won't stress about any of it at this point."

"Wow, you don't sound like to Jungkook. I know you wanted another child-"

"Yeah, but at what cost? At what cost, Taehyung? The marriage between him and me is already a mess, and there is no telling whether we will stay or go. My daughter's life is stuck between us; this is a life of instability for her; she bounces between the house and his apartment while I'm getting radiation treatment, hoping for a good outcome. It would take too much time and energy for me to worry about anything further, so I believe if he does not want to listen or is not interested in having another child, then so be it; I just can't do everything." Jungkook was speaking his honest thoughts; he could no longer stress or frustrate himself on things that would only cause him more stress.

Although he always wanted another child, he had come to terms with the fact that it may never happen, especially in his marriage to Jin. He was now trying to keep a sane mind with what has occurred lately and not go crazy. Jin had now experienced a trauma he was going to need time to recover and heal from; he didn't want to become a burden at any point in his life, not at this time. Therefore, he was not going to interfere with whatever decision he so chose to make for this.

"I hope that everything works out for the best now, and I believe you should allow him to return home. Based on what has taken place to date, it is unlikely he will be okay independently. Although there is still work to be done in your marriage, I think you can work on it while coexisting in the same space." Taehyung said, sharing his opinion with his friend.

Jungkook nods, "yeah, I have thought of that; we will see what happens. I appreciate you staying here with me. Do you think you can check in on Ae Ri for us today?"

"Of course, that is not a problem. If you want, I can bring her to my home; the kids would love having her over."

"That would be great, thank you. I will facetime her later."

********

"Despite the fact that you can undergo surgery to correct this issue, now that you are pregnant, the best time for it to be done would be not during your pregnancy." Jungkook's former classmate says as he examines the scans and documents in his hand after checking in on Jin concerning Jungkook's request.