Thirteen

"Where is daddy? Why isn't he home? He won't tell me." Ae Ri was picking at her food, a pout evident on her lips as she asked about Jungkook.

"He is doing an overnight trip; he will be home soon." Jin didn't want her knowing he was in the hospital as he didn't know how to begin explaining to her why and knew their daughter was a curious one. "But, he will be home soon; I know he misses you."

Ae Ri's face fell, and tears started welling in her eyes, "I want him to come home now. I miss my daddy."

"I know, but I am here, and he will be home by tomorrow or the next day, I promise."

"I am not hungry." Ae Ri said, pushing away her food. "I want to go to bed."

Jin was surprised by her actions; he sighs and stands up, "do you want me to do anything?"

"No. I want my daddy." Ae Ri screams and runs out of the dining room.

Tears fell from Jin's eyes, and he quickly wiped them away; he debated if he should go to Ae Ri but decided it would be best to allow her to go through what she is going through. Gathering his plate and Ae Ri's untouched one, he brought them to the kitchen and cleaned up. Afterward, he tried calling Jungkook but only got connected to his voicemail. He then called Taehyung, who picked up and informed him he was with Jungkook, but he refused to talk to him.

It broke his heart hearing that he asked Taehyung to put the phone on speaker and reminded Jungkook of how much he loved him but received no answer from him, which left him in tears after hanging up the phone.

Grabbing a bottle of wine, he turns off the lights and heads up to his home office. Spending the rest of his night there as he focused on the work he had missed during all the chaos that was taking over his life.

He was trying not to stress over everything, though it was hard. He kept to the hope and belief that once Jungkook got out of the hospital, they would work through things.

******

Jin didn't sleep much, as his mind was filled with many thoughts, and by the time he laid in bed, it was time for him to get up and go to work. He tried calling Jungkook as he moved around the room and got ready for work, but his call was left unanswered again. He decided he would stop by the hospital to see him before heading into work.

"Are you taking me to school?" Ae Ri entered his room, surprising him.

Jin's eyes widen as he realizes that she was still there and he would have to take her to school; he hadn't been thinking about that. "Uhh, yeah, I was getting ready to come and get you. What time do you have to be at school?"

"Eight-Fifteen."

Looking at his phone, Jin cursed out, "Shit, we have to get going. I thought I had more time. Get your stuff together; I will meet you downstairs." Jin urged, and he hurried around the room.

*******

Later that day

"Daddy!" Ae Ri rushed and jumped onto her father as she and Jin walked into the house. Jungkook hugged her tightly and kissed her all over her cheek, "I miss you, baby."

"I missed you so much, daddy, please don't leave me again." Ae Ri rests her head on Jungkook's chest as tears fall from her eyes.

Jin smiled at Jungkook, "we both missed you. It's hard around here without you."

Jungkook didn't look at Jin or acknowledge his words the same as he had earlier when Jin showed up at the hospital to see him before his discharge.

"Baby, did Appa tell you we have some bad news?"

Ae Ri lifted her head and looked at Jungkook, confuse, "what bad news."

"Jungkook, please, lets-"

"It's the baby, something happened, and the baby won't be able to join our family anymore."

Her eyes went wide hearing the news, "Why? Does this mean I won't get a brother or a sister anymore?"

Jungkook sighed, "that's what it means, and we are sorry. Your Appa and I tried, but when your Appa got sick, we went to the doctor, and the doctor checks to see if the baby was growing well. They found the baby wasn't growing anymore and wouldn't be strong enough to live, like how you did when you came from your Appa's tummy. The baby died and can't be with us anymore."

Ae Ri hugged her arms tightly around Jungkook's neck and cried. Jungkook rubbed her back, "we are sorry."

Jin stood still, not knowing what to say; he only watched his husband and their daughter feeling horrible about everything that had happened, knowing he played a big part in it.

******

"Jungkook, can we please talk this through?" Jin asked, pleading with his husband, who he had hoped would have changed his mind, but he hadn't.

"Seokjin, there is nothing for us to talk to through. I meant what I told you; I want a divorce-"

"I am not giving you a divorce! Over ten fucking years, Jungkook! That's how long we have been together, you can't just think you can say divorce, and I will agree, I am not doing this. If you want us to take a break, fine, but we are not getting a divorce. I fucked up, I get it, but we can't seriously end our marriage because of this.

I will do better; I know I am lacking. I couldn't even remember our daughter's arrival time for school this morning; every day, I feel like a failure as a parent. You are great at it, and I appreciate you for it. I want to be good at it too, but I am just not."

Jungkook stood up and walked over to Jin, "bullshit! You choose not to be. Work is such a fucking priority for you that you ignore everything else; you will sacrifice your own fucking family for work. I say, Jin, let's watch a movie with Ae Ri; you give the excuse that you can't because you are tired but tell you to sit in your office all fucking night and you do it at no cost."

"That's because you don't understand my job! You think I work all the time because I want to? You always talk about my job and have some shit to say, I never interfere with your work or make arguments about it, but that's all you do when it comes to me and my, why?"

"Well, for one, I don't fucking allow my job to interfere with our marriage or our daughter. I don't put my job above my family, and neither do I put my best friend before our family. Every fucking thing that you do. This is not about your job; this is about your inability to balance having a family and having a job. You did an abortion because you were worried it would take you away from work; how fucked up can you get. I am not asking you for divorce; I am telling you we are getting one. You are not worth being with; I can do a lot better than you at this point, Ae Ri and I deserve better than you, and it's time we find that."

There was complete silence in the room as Jin stared at Jungkook, tears running down his face. He had never witnessed this side of his husband, and it hurt him to the core having Jungkook say such harsh things to him.

"J-Jungkook, you don't mean these things, do you?"

"Seokjin, when are you moving out?"