Chapter 2: Palette progress

[Writer's/My comments]

["Thoughts of Nightmare / Palette" AU=Alternative Universe

Warnings: Bad intentions, Manipulation, Cussing. Mention of a sense of loneliness, madness, and isolation.

In the beginning I call him Nightmare or Palette, differencing Nightmare consciousness and his body. But later as Nightmare get used to his new name, I will use Palette more time. Then we'll see how I'm going to use the two names.] 

On one occasion, when Dream took Palette with him to a positive AU. Nightmare was grateful that happiness no longer hurt him. Although negativity now means some discomfort to him, but he already knew he would be able to handle, after all, somehow, he had survived positivity as the embodiment of negativity.

Nightmare tugged at the fur of one of the residents, trying to create some negativity.

– How cute! – say it the person with no idea about his plans. Fate laughed at Nightmare's failed attempt.

"Seriously? Fate, hope you have fun! Because I do not!" annoyed. "We'll see if you're going to think I am cute, even after I thin your fur a little!" he laughed.

– Look at his laugh, it is a real little angel! It can be seen the similarity to Dream! – unaware of Nightmare's evil intent.

– Ouch! – he exclaimed when Nightmare successes. Happy with his success, he showed the torn fur.

– He has a good strong grip; I am sure he adopts it for Ink – Dream a little confused. The locals just smiled, as Palette and Dream's positivity quickly erased the spark of negativity, that it was caused. Fate just laughed at Nightmare's expression as he realized what happened.

"Positivity... Fate you bastard! Don't believe you defeated me! I will find a way to pull the balance and the world back with this damn positive aura!" Fate just smiled at him. That's exactly why he chose him, because of his fighting spirit. This spirit guaranteed that Fate would not be bored. Wanted to see Nightmare struggling and trying. Until Fate restarts the game again.

<< >><< >><< >>

Four months later.

Nightmare climbed on the ground, discovering his surroundings. Colorful and bright colors dominated the living room of the house.

– Look – Dream enthusiastically. 

 "It's nothing! Look at this Dream I can already walk!" toddling to him proudly

– His firsts steps! Oh, Palette I am so happy! – he cries in joy as he hugs him.

"Now seriously Dream, if you're already crying that much, what are you going to do when I bring negativity to the whole world?" Nightmare was very pleased with his own progress. Beyond the basic things like walking, he also tried to evoke his magical abilities, to master them as much as he could without attracting attention.