Chapter 62: A lot of talk about nothing

[Writer's/My comments]

["Thoughts of Nightmare / Palette" AU= Alternative Universe

I have mixed feelings about this chapter, and the title also meant to indicates this.]

This was the second time that Goth had opened a portal to their home. Ink thought it likely that Palette had given him a key to enter this part of the Doodle Sphere and for some reason he found the thought unsettling and dangerous. There was a reason why no everyone could come here.... And even if Goth hadn't come alone, it would have been more reassuring if Palette opened the magic gate. Ink himself didn't understand why he felt this way, why he accepted Goth in one moment and saw him as dangerous in the other.

– My treasure – Dream cheerfully gesturing their child to join them in the picnic made from the food they received during the inspection.

 – Have nice dreams – Palette gave them a soft smile before playfully saying goodbye to Goth and joining them

– Good night – Goth returned the gesture with a gentle smile, then with a proper nod, he also said goodbye to his friend parents before leaving.

– Did you have a good time with your friend? – Dream lovingly giving him some of the food.

– Yes! Was everything okay at work? – asked Palette with a little worry in his eyes. Knowing that they wasn't going to tell him anyway, Nightmare stuck to his role.

– Don't worry, we have the matter in our hands – Dream assured him.

– Reapertale inquired about the letter... – Palette's make them aware with small hesitation, manipulating them.

– Of course – Ink grumpily rolling his eyes.

– We'll talk to them tomorrow after school – Dream firmly.

– Shouldn't we be focusing on the case? – Ink not understanding why the impatient Gods should be given such importance.

– By hurrying, we will not find the solution sooner – Dream reminded him seriously.

– And I don't want Palette or Reaper to be pestered about the matter any longer – expressing their displeasure. Nightmare/Palette had fun thinking about the phrase. – Then, after we've taken care of the envelope, we can continue the search – he added, reassuring his love. Ink accepted his suggestion with a considered nod, before they all focused on their dinner in a better mood.