Chapter 48: Invitation to dance

[Writer's/My comments]

["Thoughts of Nightmare / Palette"

Warnings: Flirting and a negative reaction to hope.]  

A few sweets later.

The Gods also began to join the dancers. Sky and Life were the first to perform an elegant couple dance. Most of the dancers even stopped dancing to watch them. 

[ I added the pattern to Sky's outfit

[ I added the pattern to Sky's outfit. ]

After a while, Mercy joined them, making the atmosphere much more inviting. Seeing this, the other dancers also returned to dancing. Goth's parents approached the table a bit tired.

– Did you find something that suits your taste? – Geno gently.

– Yes, Gothy helped me – Nightmare/Palette smiled brightly, appreciating his thoughtfulness.

– I'm glad to hear that – Geno smiled softly.

– Is the greeting over? – asked Error/Goth from his father.

– Essentially – Reaper said with a half-smile.

– Will you two join us? – Nightmare/Palette offered them thoughtfully.

– A bite or two would be nice – Geno accepted, appreciating the offer.

– Hot chocolate – Goth handed it to his father, and Reaper gratefully accepted it.

– Grim? – Chaos asked, half interested.

– He exchanges a few words with his friends – answered Reaper easily, after the first sip of the pleasant warm drink. Chaos accepted his answer with a nod.

The instruments changed the music and, War and Lore step at the dance parquet, wearing a formal white toga, drawing attention to themselves. Theirs was a much more intimate dance, with many couples joining in.

[War's outfit is much more elegant in the story, than the one she wears in the picture

[War's outfit is much more elegant in the story, than the one she wears in the picture.]

– Would you dance with me? – Nightmare/Palette invited him to dance, with noble elegance.