Chapter 41: Before the Pajama Party

[Writer's/My comments]

["Thoughts of Nightmare / Palette"

"Thoughts of Error / Goth"

AU= Alternative Universe

Warnings: Mention of self-esteem problems and eating problem, reference to Goth's indifference toward himself, Dream and Ink confronting the consequences of they expectations, mention Ink's forgetfulness, the end of this chapter is not good enough in my opinion.]

Goth and Geno arrived; Geno saw the trail of tears but said nothing. After all, he knew how difficult this day had been for all of them... He could only hope that the rest of the day wouldn't hold such surprises.

Goth and Star greeted each other with a smile, then locked their hands again and rested their foreheads on each other, enjoying each other's company and the sense of serenity and safety caused by this proximity.

– Reaper? – Dream asked politely. 

– Had to go back to work

– Had to go back to work... And Ink? – Geno much more relaxed, after he was sure Goth is okay.

– I was also examined, but while we wait for the results, how about you two starts explaining, what this whole singing thing was? – Ink replied to Geno, before demanding answers for them.

– Let's get comfortable first, this day has already taken a toll on everyone – suggested Dream.

– All right – agreed Ink, much more calmly.

<< >><< >><< >>

After everyone took their seats, in an empty meeting room.

– So, how did you two know about such an ancient magic, that we've only recently heard of? – Sci, who also joined them on the way.

– After I became interested in music, I dug into the topic enough and began to explore, how powerful the magic of music can be... – although Error/Goth did this research in his previous life.

– And given Star's position, I thought it would be best to share it with him, I had a feeling it would be needed – never breaking eye contact with the adults. Although it is quite questionable, how much they were considered adults, in the eyes of a God with billions of years of consciousness in a child's body.