Chapter 68: Recruitment

[Writer's/My comments]

["Thoughts of Nightmare / Palette" AU= Alternative Universe

{Messages.}

Warnings: The mystery of the thief is over, I hope no one is disappointed.]

As they agreed yesterday, his parents took him to Reapertale after breakfast and exchanged a few words with the Gods before they went to work. The topic of conversation was the behavior of the Gods towards him, which left Star with mixed feelings. It seemed that no matter what he did, his parents' questionable care didn't change...

"Looks like I'll have to wait for the truth to come out" Nightmare / Palette aware of his situation.

While writing Lore's (Reapertale Alphys) tests, he intentionally stopped several times to review the information he reveals while completing them. Not that it was necessary, but it had the benefit of making his pondering over the test more believable. During this time, Ink and Dream introduced scientists to what happened yesterday and traveled the worlds to gather information about the destroyed world. Error/Goth after left home, checked how Shard was doing with moving in.

Shard was lying in the grass not far from the tree house, staring at the sky seemingly emotionless.

– The tea worked? – Goth getting his attention

– Yes, I'm very grateful for it – Shard looking up at him a little low in spirit.

– How are you doing with the packing? – Error/Goth calmly.

– The help you left behind it helped a lot, without it I would have been completely lost! It's shocking how different the world is out here... – Shard started walking across the bridge leading to the tree house, inviting him too.

– Was there anything worth mentioning during your trip? – Goth following him into the house.

– I've probably drawn quit attention to myself with my paranoid behavior... – Shard admitted with a bitter smile, which Goth acknowledged with a nod. – Did you have breakfast yet? – attentively nodding his head in the direction of the kitchen.

– Yes – Error/Goth easily dismissing the question. – You turned it into quit a neat room – he remarked at the sight of the warm, colorful room, which already had enough little things in it, to give the feeling that someone was living in it for a long time.