48

Y/n POV

"You alright darling?" My uncle asked, I shrugged, "Harry?" He asked. "Yea." I replied, he sighed. "I'm sorry he didn't get to come. We'll figure out a way to get him out of there." He told me.

We drove for quite some time, listening to music while the wind blew in our hair. My uncle pushed his hair back and looked at me, "Are you excited?" He asked. "Yea." I replied with a small smile.

We drove for another half hour until we got to my dad's house.

My uncle knocked on the door and my dad opened it. I turned to see my dad's arm wrapped around my uncle, their lips touching. My eyes grew wide as my uncle flushed bright red. "Y/n!" My father said coming over to me, he hugged me. I was still shocked about what just happened so I stood there. He pulled away, "Guessing Moony didn't tell you?" He asked. I shook my head, "When'd it happen?" I asked as he put his arm over my shoulder. "A couple weeks ago." He answered as we walked through the door frame.

I looked around at the big house. "Woah." I sighed, "Do you like it?" My dad asked, "Yes. It's wonderful." I replied. "Come on I'll show you your room." He said excitingly. He quickly went up the stairs, me and my uncle following. He led me to a darkly lit room, "I know it's not much. But right now it's all we have," he told me. "No it's okay. I love it." I said.

After I settled down into my new room I went down stairs and sat on the couch with my father. He wrapped an arm around me and smiled, "I'm glad to have you back," he said, "I missed you." I smiled back, "I missed you too."

Remus POV

After Y/n got finished putting her stuff in her room I thought I'd make dinner for everyone. I went into the kitchen and started something up. I looked through the door frame and saw Y/n and Padfoot sitting together. I smiled, I know I've been with her since she was young, but it was good to see her with her actual dad.

Y/n POV

Me and my father were still sitting on the couch. We started to catch up with each other, I told him about this year, he told me about him and my uncle.

"How are you and Fred?" He asked.

Shit. My uncle must've not told him what happened.
"I-uh-we, we broke up," I told him. He frowned, "Why? What happened?" He asked concerningly. "Well I-uh, I went over to the Weasleys last summer and when I got there, Hannah was there-" he cut me off. "Hannah Chadwick?" He asked, I nodded and he chuckled. "Her fathers a twit too, anyways keep telling." He said. "Well we all wondered why Hannah was there, then we found out Percy invited her. She then had to 'leave'. She went up to pack her stuff and Fred went up to help her," My dad's eyes grew wide, "Don't tell me!"he said, falling onto him back, his arm over his eyes. I chuckled and continued telling what happened.

"They were up there for a while so me and the others decided someone should go up and check on what was going on. I went up and opened the door to the room they were in and when I walked in I saw-" I dad groaned, "Please don't tell me dear! I hope it's not what I think." He pleaded. "Sirius, will you shut up for a second and listen?" My uncle asked from the doorway. My father sighed dramatically and closed his eyes.

"Continue, darling." My uncle said, I nodded. "So when I walked in I saw Fred and Hannah kissing," I sighed, "So after that I grabbed my bags and had uncle Moony pick me up." I said. My father sat up quickly. "I'm gonna kill that boy!" He said standing up, "Remus forget the house, I'm gonna end up back in Azkaban!" He exclaimed storming out of the room. My uncle sighed and shook his head, "Leave him," he told me.

***

I was sitting at the dinner table with my dad and uncle when my uncle cleared his throat. "Sirius," my father looked up, his mouth full. "What?" He asked, I covered my mouth trying to not laugh. My uncle gave him a look and he sighed, swallowing his food. "Sorry for the outburst, Y/n. But in my defense-" my uncle shook his head, "No, No, No."

My dad rolled his eyes and kept on eating. "Can you be serious for one second?" My uncle asked, he dad looked at him, "What do you mean? I'm always Sirius!" He replied. I smirked and looked down, "Y/n," my uncle said. "What?" I asked. He sighed, "This is going to be a long summer."

Time skip

"You two can stay down here, I'm gonna go to bed." My uncle said. I nodded and he came over, kissing me on top of my head, then kissing my father. "Goodnight." He said before going up stairs.

My father sighed, "isn't he wonderful?" He asked, turning to me. "Yep, I'm happy for you guys." I told him, he smiled and put an arm around me, my head on his shoulder as we sat on the couch. The fire burned brightly in front of us.

"This summer why don't you invite some people over," he started, "How about that Diggory boy. He was nice." Cedric. He doesn't know. "Cedric is uh, he can't come." I said, my father frowned. "And why'd that? Did you two get into a fight? Did something happen?" He asked eagerly. "Cedric died." I stated. "Oh, Y/n. I-"

He looked at me, "I'm sorry." He says. "I didn't know." I sighed, "It's alright. I just forgot to tell you." I replied. "How?" He asked, "How did he die?"
"The tournament," I answered. "The third task," he sighed, "Harry told me it was Pettigrew." I added. "Who?" He asked, "Pettigrew." I said again. He bit the inside of his cheek, "That bitch." He muttered. "I can't wait until I'm able to get him back."

"Nevermind, sorry, what happened after?" He asked. "Well after I went I go check on Adrian, since him and Cedric were dating at the time,"
My fathers eyes grew wide, "They were dating!" I nodded, "Poor boy." He said with a sigh. "I have no ideas what I'd do without Moony if that happened to us. What if me or him died?" He started. "I promise that won't happen." I said, he smiled.

***

"So when I went to meet up with Adrian there he was in front of the Slytherin common room entry. He was surrounded by a bunch of boys, they were teasing him about Cedric. I couldn't take it so I yelled at them." I explained. "Then I got into a fight with one of the boys. He started talking about us." I said, "Us?" My dad asked, "The Black family." He sighed, "He said how I was gonna end up like the rest of them. How it was 'in my blood' and I was gonna end up a death eater."

"So I might've punched him in the face. Making him start going off saying 'There it is, your actions just showed how much you like them'. He talked about what you and uncle Regulus went through-" I stopped and my father looked at me, we both had tears in our eyes. "What if-"

"What if he's right?"

Sirius POV

"What if-" She started, "What if he's right?" She asked. I immediately wrapped her in my arms, "Y/n, I promise you, you're not going to end up like them. Darling please don't think that boy I right, ok? I promise you this, after this year, me, you and your uncle will go away. We'll get out of this place, we won't have to worry about everyone else, we'll all go and live a happy life. Ok? A new start, a life where we're not scared to turn into people we don't want to." I told her.

Her head was in my shoulder and I was rubbing her back, "We'll run away and find a new place. A new place that will be just ours, I promise you." I mumbled into her hair.

She soon fell asleep in my arms, I looked down.

My own child.

My own flesh and blood.

Was scared of turning into something horrific, I promised myself ever since she was born to never let her be scared. To never let her go through what I went through. I failed.

Of course I did. We always lose, they always win. That's how it works,
The people that might seem the brightest,
Are always the most afraid.
Afraid of what's coming next.

———-
I liked the chapter until I started writing the end part, but oh well. Lmao hoped you liked this part!

Question: favorite golden era character/s

My answer: Harry, This damn boy went through so much:(

Word count: 1537