53

Y/n POV

Me and Sage were currently coming back from our date, "I know it wasn't much, but my dad didn't give me a lot to spend." He told me. "It's alright, I thought it was perfect." I replied, smiling at him. He smiled softly and looked down. "So uh, that meeting tonight huh?" He asked, "I completely forgot, my uncle and father are probably furious we aren't back yet." I suddenly said. "I don't think they'll mind, and if they do, it sucks to be us." He joked.

We were finally back at the house, I knocked at the door. "You forgot the key?" Sage asked, "Yea, it happens more than you think." I answered. He chuckled and the door opened. "Oh, your back." It was Fred. "Hello Freddie," I said walking through the door, I saw Fred smile. "Go ahead, we're just waiting for you two." Fred said with a small chuckle. "Wow what a surprise." I said.
"Finally! There you two are!" My father exclaimed. "Sorry we're late, we had to stop." Sage said, "To snog?" Harry mumbled. "Harry." I said, slapping him on the back of his head. "Sorry, sorry." He said with a small laugh. "Sit down everybody," Molly announced.

I sat down next to Harry, Sage by my side. Harry gave me a hug, "How was the trip?" I asked. "Bumpy," he replied. I snickered and looked across the table. "Oh hello Tonks, I didn't know you were coming!" I said. "Y/n you can socialize after," my uncle told me. "Mhm." My uncle rolled his eyes while my father had a smirk. "Freddie dear, come sit down." Molly said, I turned and saw Fred leaning against the doorway, his hands in his pockets.

He walked behind us over to the other side of the table, sitting across from me. He ran his hands through his hair. "Alright," My father started. They started going on about what had happened during the tournament. I zoned out for a few minutes while this was going on until I heard Molly shout.

"No! He shall not know!" I saw Sage's eyes widen. "He has the right to know!" My father said standing up. Sage flinched for a second at his voice. I put a hand on his thigh, "Are you alright?" I whispered. "Oh, uh-yea." He replied. "May I be excused?" He asked my uncle, "Oh, go ahead." Sage quickly got up, giving me a soft smile before walking off into the other room. Something was wrong.

I then made eye contact with Fred. He looked at me, 'is he alright?' He mouthed. I shrugged and he nodded. I watched as he picked up his glass, taking a sip of the water, a ring. A black ring. I had gotten him one as a gift for his birthday when we were dating, but I figured he would never wear it again. And for some reason I smiled to myself. He kept it.

He put the glass down and wiped his bottom lip with his thumb. Then looking at me, he raised an eyebrow and smirked, I looked away quickly and tried bringing my attention to the conversation.

***

I heard Molly clear her throat, "You children go upstairs, Harry you may stay. We have some things to discuss."

As I walked out of the kitchen I saw Sage with his bag in hand. "Y/n my uncle is wondering if I could come over to his place for about a week or two. I'm so I have to leave, i'll write to you." I walked over to him, "Your leaving?" I asked. "Unfortunately, I'll see you at school," he answered. He smiled then headed out. Oh, well, that was quick and very surprising.

The rest of us all went upstairs and sat in one of the guest bedrooms. Hermione and Ginny started a small conversation while Ron and George started arguing. I laughed softly at the nonsense. "Hello Love," I turned around and saw Fred, he was sitting in a chair. I rolled my eyes and turned my body to him. "Sorry I didn't get to talk to you more when I came." He said. I scoffed, "You have no right to be calling me 'love'. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to my room." I told him, standing up and walking down the hall.

I heard footsteps behind me. Just as I was about to walk through the door to my bedroom Fred slid in front of me, leaning against the door frame. "Fred move," I said, crossing my arms. "Why should I?" He asked, "Because I told you too." I said, getting closer. "Uh huh." He said with a smirk, "You're an asshole." I said. He raised an eyebrow, opening the way to my room. "Why don't you come in here and explain to me why I'm an asshole." He suggested with a smile. I furrowed my eyebrows, "You'd never listen." I told him. "For you, love, I'd listen for a thousand years." He told me.

Oh shit.

I walked past him into my room, sitting on my bed. He walked in, closing the door slightly. He sat across from me on the bed. "Now, why am I such an asshole?" He asked, I scoffed. "We'll first off, you cheated-" he rolled his eyes, "You're still hung up on that? Look Y/n, I'm sorry!" He told me. "Second, you get mad whenever I try to start talking to anyone else." I said. "I do not." He implied. "When I first met Sage? We could all tell." I exclaimed. "I was not jealous," he said, "I never said you were. But come to think of it, maybe you were." I replied. "Y/n," he said.

"What Fred? You know you get jealous whenever you see me with someone else, George even told me!" I told him. "You know what? Maybe I was. I was jealous. We both know that I was, alright?" He admitted. "I-Damn it Y/n, I was so jealous! Every time I saw you with another boy I wished it was me. You-You'd sit there and laugh and talk, that should've been me, don't you understand? Face it, neither of those boys could've taken my place." He explained. "Not even Sage."

We both then looked each other in the eyes, "You know it's true," He said, "we were both jealous."
I sighed, "We just wanted to get back at each other." He said quietly. "No," I said, "No we didn't. We just wanted how it was before." He nodded, "Yea."

We both sat there in silence for a couple of seconds. He cleared his throat. "I just wanted you. It's always been you, and I'm an idiot for letting you go." He murmured. He then chuckled slowly, "You know, you ever think what we might have been if I didn't mess things up?" His hand rubbing his jaw, the ring. "The ring? I kept it. Never thought of taking it off." He said, looking up at me. "Fred," I said.

"I'm an asshole." He said, "You really are." I said with a smile. He snickered and smiled too. He then sat down next to me, then lay on his back. I then laid on my back and turned to him, "Y/n?" He asked. "Fred?" I asked. He sighed, "I'm sorry." I looked at him, and he looked back.

He then looked at my lips and back at my eyes. Placing a hand on my cheek, his ring was cold against my skin. "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." I smiled softly, but then quickly stopped myself. I couldn't fall for this, not again. Our lips were centimeters apart, about to come together. "Fred, Stop." I said, pulling away. He cleared his throat. "I-I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking." He blurted. He stood up and sighed, "I just-" I interrupted him, "Fred, no. You don't understand. I'm going out with Sage, and we're happy with each other." I told him. "Oh. Right, i-uhm-"

"Fred. Mum said we're leaving."

Fred cleared his throat, "Oh-uh, yea. I'll be out right now." He told George. His brother closed the door and left. Fred looked back at me, giving my a slight smile, then leaving.

Time skip

I was laying in bed after everyone left. I looked at my ceiling, I had been playing music for the last hour or so. My uncle ended up sleeping downstairs, passed out on the couch. My father was in his room, probably still up. I sighed and looked out my window, it was beautifu out. The stars were shining brightly, and there was a soft breeze in the wind.

I then heard Hero's by David Bowie come on.
I sighed and closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep. But for some reason I couldn't. I had two things on my mind. Fred Weasley and Sage Montgomery.

———

I am so sorry this chapter took FOREVER to get out, but hope you enjoyed it!!

I did have to edit some parts because someone didn't like how I made Y/n in this chapter, sorry!

(Make sure you get something to eat and drink💕)

Question: Favorite food?

My answer: Probably Sushi:)