Light In The Dark Sky

"Dad, Chaeyeon. I'm home." Chaeryeong said as she opened the door to enter her beautiful house.

The big smile on Chaeryeong's face immediately dissolved into a sad look as she kept on thinking about the short-haired girl.

After a few seconds of being mentally frustrated, Chaeryeong lightly hit her head to focus. 'Ryujin should be my inspiration, not the reason why I'm sad.' Chaeryeong thought to herself and smiled.

"You're here." Chaeryeong's father said while slowly walking towards his daughter.

Chaeryeong started caressing the back of her head as she felt a little nervous because her father is glaring at her. "H-hey, Dad."

The man crossed his arms. "Lee Chaeryeong, your PE teacher told me that you didn't train today. Is that true? Why?"

Chaeryeong bit her lip and started shaking a little bit as she desperately tried to think of a good excuse to her father. "Y-yeah. I'm sorry, Dad. I-I helped my friend with something."

Out of frustration, the man slammed the table with his hands that made Chaeryeong feel agitated.

"What the hell? you should be focusing on training, Lee Chaeryeong!" The man yelled. "Stop wasting your time on useless crap!" The man said that offended Chaeryeong.

Chaeryeong clenched her fists and glared at her father. "Don't call my friend useless."

"You're an idiot, Lee Chaeryeong."

"Do you even care about me? you're so selfish!" Chaeryeong yelled out of anger. "Never in my life I heard you ask, "are you okay? am I going too hard on you? are you tired?" Hell, you don't even care if I have any friends at school!" Chaeryeong yelled and punched the wall with her fists.

"Did you just yell at me?"

Chaeryeong held her bleeding fists. "That's all you care about?! you're so selfish! your selfishness caused Mom's death!"

The man walked closer to his daughter and slapped her on the cheek. "Watch your fucking mouth!"

Chaeryeong held her red cheek. "Damn you!" Chaeryeong yelled and walked away from her father.

--

*Knock knock*

"Chaeryeong, I'm entering your room, okay?" Chaeryeong's sister said and slowly opened the door.

Chaeryeong slowly stood up and started wiping her tears. "W-what are you doing h-here, Chaeyeon? do you need help with something? is someone bullying you?"

Chaeyeon sat down and smiled at her sister. "Sit down, Chaer." Chaeyeon said and patted the extra space besides her.

Chaeryeong sat down and rested her head on her sister's shoulder. "I fought with Dad."

Chaeyeon started caressing Chaeryeong's hair. "That's okay, Chaer. Fighting with your parents is completely normal. You should talk to him later and apologize."

Chaeryeong let out a small smile and looked at her sister. "Alright. I'll talk to him tomorrow." Chaeryeong weakly said and sighed.

--

"Dad!" Chaeryeong shouted and smiled as she ran towards father in the gymnasium.

The man crossed his arms and looked at Chaeryeong. "Start training." The man coldly said and walked away.

Chaeryeong walked closer to her father and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Dad, let's talk."