Still A One-Sided Love?

"Jeez, I feel like I have insomnia." Ryujin said to herself while massaging her temple and thinking of something for the next chapter on the book she's working on.

Out of frustration, Ryujin started tapping her head with her pen as she desperately tried to think of an idea.

"Shin Ryujin." A man with a deep voice called her name while slowly walking towards her.

Ryujin stood up and bowed at the man. "Morning, Boss. How are you doing today?" Ryujin politely asked while looking at the man in front of her.

The man placed a folder on Ryujin's desk and crossed his arms. "Shin Ryujin, redo this chapter. The author wasn't satisfied with how it was written."

Ryujin picked up the folder and let out a quiet sigh. "Boss, do I really have to redo the entire thing? this chapter is really long." Ryujin said while caressing the back of her head.

"Yep and the author told me that he altered something in this chapter. He said that the main characters will fight and break up in this chapter."

Ryujin slowly faced the floor with sadness and started rubbing her tired eyes. "Boss, can I do this tomorrow? I haven't slept well for days." Ryujin asked and let out a big yawn at her boss.

The man looked at the short-haired girl with a concerned look on his face. "You want to take a day off today?"

Ryujin weakly smiled as she tried to maintain her posture. "Yep. I want to find an apartment for me and my girlfriend." Ryujin said in a tired tone while looking at her boss.

The man smiled at Ryujin. "Alright. Take a day off, Shin Ryujin." The man said making Ryujin smile.

--

"Yeji, that patient from room 27 said that you're pretty and intelligent." Yeji's friend, Kim Minju, said while walking with the cat-eyed girl.

Yeji let out a smile at Minju. "I get called that a lot." Yeji said in a cocky tone.

Minju chuckled at Yeji and walked closer to her and gave her a big hug that caught Yeji off guard.

Yeji let out a confused face and a weak chuckle. "Minju, what are you doing?" Yeji asked the girl who is still hugging her.

Minju stared at Yeji's eyes and tried to contain her tears. "I'm so lucky to have a friend like you, Hwang Yeji. Thanks for saving my mom last night. I was so nervous when they told me what happened to Mom that I almost messed up the surgery I was working on." Minju said and chuckled.

Yeji smiled at her friend. "I-it was nothing."

Minju broke the hug and smiled. "Hwang Yeji, I owe you a lot. Thanks." Minju said and planted a kiss on Yeji's cheek that made her a little flustered.

"Y-you're welcome."

Minju slowly walked away from the cat-eyed girl. "I'll go now, Yeji. Bye." Minju said and waved her hand as she left.

When her friend finally left, Yeji let out a sigh in relief and continued walking.

But her walking stopped when she looked behind her and met eyes with her girlfriend who is just glaring at her.

"Ryujin!" Yeji happily shouted and walked closer towards the short-haired girl.

Ryujin let out a jealous expression and crossed her arms. "Who was that?"