Goals

(Y/N) POV

"So you're inviting me to Beacon?" I ask Ozpin confused as he nods

"Yes, someone with a semblance like yours would make for great huntsmen," he says as I rest back on the chair.

"I don't have enough money for admission," I admit as he nods

"No worries, we can provide a scholarship for you," he says as I think of the next thing

"I haven't been to school in over 7 years...I'm uneducated," I say as Ozpin smirks

"You can do more than just read minds I assume. If you work on it, I assure you that you can likely transfer data from someone else's brain to your own...that means instant knowledge," he says as I realize I've never thought about it like that.

"So yes, I want you in my academy," he says as I truly have no reason to decline.

"Ok, I guess, I have no reason to say no," I tell him

"Wonderful! Since you will be attending Beacon, there will be no consequences for your actions tonight...however, if you involve yourself with people like Roman Torchwick again, we will have to take further action," he says as I nod

"I understand," I mutter

"Good, first day of class starts in......," Ozpin starts explaining to me about the details.

I returned home to Neo waiting on the couch for me. We filled our apartment out a lot in 7 years.

She looked at me worried as she inspected me

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" I ask as she looks at me with a frown

Why are you out so late! You smell like dust!

"Oh it's nothing," I mutter as she frowns

There was a big explosion! It woke me up and you were gone!

"As I said, it was nothing. I'm perfectly fine," I tell her as I raise my arms as she looks. Neo hasn't grown much in the height department, she barely reaches my shoulders and I'm not even very tall. She grew her hair out a bit as well, it reaches the middle of her back when it's wet. And when it dries it becomes slightly wavy.

Come on! Tell me what you were doing then!

"I was out for a walk," I say as she puffs her cheeks out....adorable

"I guess something did happen," I say thinking as she urges me to continue

"I got a scholarship to Beacon," I tell her as her face freezes for a second to comprehend what I just said.

Your coming with me!!!

Neo jumps up in excitement as she rushes to hug me. Her hug was bone crashing as the air left my soul

"Can't breathe," I spit out as she releases me. She blushes as we make eye contact.

"Yea, you'll have to teach me a thing or two," I say as she giggles. I've never been really been involved with Neo's schooling. She's kept most of it to herself. I know a little about her semblance, making physical illusions and whatnot. But I've never seen her do it before.

She smirks a bit

I can already picture me beating him and him getting flustered as I win

"Let's not forget I can read your mind," I tell her as she starts blushing.

I forgot

"Yea, it's late, we should head to bed," I say as she nods

Ok, good night

Me and Neo have separate beds now. I blush hard as I remember the days when we slept together. It's hard to picture us doing that nowadays. Neo has become a lot more attractive in her teens. I doubt I'd be able to keep my hands to myself if we did sleep in the same bed.

I came to the realization that I loved Neo a while ago. I've kept my feelings behind me as I provided for us, I just didn't have enough time to dedicate to her...I realize that more now than ever.

I did my thing and she did hers. We never talked about our days, we would swap making dinner from day to day and then would talk as we ate dinner. We knew each other very well...but at the same time, I guess I never knew how she acted around other people.

We rarely went out into public together...I guess I've never realized what I gave up when I started working with Roman. The secrecy of my work with him made me not want to talk about my day with Neo...and in return, I never asked about her day.

"Let's change that," I mutter to myself. From now on, I want to communicate with Neo better...

I think that's a decent goal