Arrival

(Y/N) POV

"The Grimm are getting worse and worse," I mutter to David as he shrugs.

"Yea, we are running into them every hour or so," Indigo confirms

"We are only a day from the village Ozpin said she was in. I'm sure we can tough it out," David says.

It's been a harsh few weeks. My legs are completely done for, and my arms started to become sore from using my sword so much to defend ourselves from the Grimm

"I could really use a nice bed," I mutter. We haven't run into a village for days, so we have had to sleep on the cold hard ground.

"Tell me about it," Indigo says with a crazy hairstyle.

"I really wish I had a semblance to show you how you look," David says giggling as the girl punches his arm.

"You two don't exactly smell the best," she says pouting as I spot another Grimm.

"Here's the next wave," I mutter as I draw my sword.

I've gotten more skilled at using my sword recently...I guess using it multiple times daily will do that.

It was about a pack of 10 beowolfs. We split up and took on 3 each. Whoever was lucky would get the extra one.

A while ago we started keeping count of our Grimm kills.

Currently, David leads at 245, with Indigo just shy of him at 239. I'm a little way down the pecking order at 204 but considering I hadn't had much experience fighting the Grimm...I wasn't doing too bad

I charge the nearest Beowolf as it leaped for me.

I didn't pay attention to it as I rolled under it and attacked the one behind it.

He wasn't expecting me to do what I did, so before the Grimm knows it, it was vaporized as my sword cut its head off.

The Grimm I rolled under quickly turned around and leaped at me again.

This time, I held my sword to it and in a quick motion, cut into its head down the middle.

I hear a growl behind me as I try to pull my sword back...it was stuck

I ducked just in time to avoid being trampled by one of them.

I got back up and yanked my sword out of the dead Grimm's head as the one that almost got me attacks again.

I sidestep and drag my sword low as the Grimm passes.

My sword cuts off its legs and I go for its neck.

"Done," I yell out as I finish.

"I got the other," Indigo says with a big smirk.

"Dang, I wanted the other," David pouts as Indigo puffs her chest out in victory.

"Ladies first," she says as we get a move on.

It only took us another 8 hours until the village lights could be seen in the distance.

It was dark out so our movement was slow.

Usually, we were sleeping by this time, but the lights of the village kept us going strong even after we tripped a couple of times.

"Who's idea was it to come without a flashlight," Indigo says.

"It was you who packed up all of the stuff we needed," David fires back

"Oh..yea," she grumbles as I smile.

Finally after another 30 minutes. We had arrived

"God, I hope they have nice beds," Indigo says as I look at the sign of the village! Cullerton.

"This is the place," I say as we look around. It was a small town...like very small.

I counted maybe 15-20 buildings.

She's in the middle house...at least that's where Ozpin said she was.

"Come on, let's get moving," I tell Indigo and David in the deathly silent streets.

"Are you sure this isn't abandoned?" David asks as Indigo looks at him

"If it was, the streets wouldn't be lit up," she says as he nods.

I approached what seemed to be the most middle house.

My heart started beating rapidly as I raised my fist to knock on the door.

Knock, Knock, knock

I waited for a couple of seconds before I knocked again.

This time I heard shifting in the house and the door crept open revealing a young woman.

"Hello, I'm looking for a person by the name of Katherine," I ask as I remember the name Ozpin told me.

"That would be me," she says as I'm a little surprised.

The way Ozpin addressed her made it seem like she was older.

She had the appearance of a teenager...maybe even younger than me.

"Oh, hi...I'm (Y/N)," I say as she stares at me

"Why are you here? You're not from around here," she says as I nod to confirm her suspicions.

"Ozpin sent me here," I say as she suddenly opens her door fully and gestures us to come inside.

She was wearing a nightgown, she was clearly in bed before this.

"What does the old man want," she says as my team enters

"Actually, we came here to ask you if you could help us," I say as she raises an eye.

"My friend...she's in a coma and Ozpin told me you might be able to help her," I say as she relaxes a little.

"Is that all?" She asks surprised as I nod.

"Whew, I thought Ozpin wanted me to perform another ritual for him," she says as her face becomes more friendly

"Ritual?" Indigo asks

"Oh it's nothing," she says quickly as I inspect the house.

It was cozy, it was made of wood and had a comforting aura around it.

"So, did you kids come here from the bullheads?" She asks as Indigo starts pouting

"No, we had to walk the whole way," she says as the lady is surprised

"You three walked all the way here from Beacon?" She says surprised as we all nod.

"Now that's an impressive feat," she says as we all shrug it off.

"Luckily for you, I have a personal aircraft we can use," she says with a smirk...it was infectious as it found its way on all three of our faces.

"Now, now, I imagine you three are all tired, I'll get the spare rooms ready for you," she says as she disappears

Soon Neo, I'll be seeing you soon.

Knotavin: Hello dear readers. Hope you've enjoyed the book so far. Idk where I'm going with this Auther note, I was gonna ask a question regarding the future of this book, but I figure I'll keep my mouth shut and let you see where I direct the story and keep it all a surprise for when it happens. Also this book is now longer then Pilot, which makes it my longest RWBY book yet