The Light

Neo POV

6 months before (Y/N) found her.

"You're a disgrace!" Dad yells at me as he hits me with his cane. Ouch!

"You couldn't do a single thing!" He yells as he hits me again

"You're like your mother...that woman ran away when she saw you were such a terrible kid," he beats me.

I miss mom, I miss her hugs...her kisses. I missed the warmth she gave me.

I took after my mom a lot, I had her face and her hair colour...in fact, I resembled my dad in no way.

He had orange hair and a black top hat.

I curled in a ball as he took his rage out on me.

To anyone else, people would say he was a calm and collected man. But in our house, he turns into a devil.

I already had bruises everywhere from past beatings...but this one was really hard.

He kicked me and sent pain throbbing down my spine.

"Stop!" I yell

"Shut up," he yells as he lands a kick on the back of my head. It hurts!

The beating went on for 20 minutes...by the end, I felt like a bag of bricks.

"Get out of my face, I don't want to see you," he says as I nod.

I barely got up when he suddenly grabbed me again

"When I tell you to do something, you say Yes, and then do it!" He yells in my face as he holds me by my neck.

"Yes, sir," I say as he drops me. I smash into the ground hard and smack my head off the ground.

I could hear the door open and shut as he leaves.

It's been like this ever since Mom left a month ago.

I wish she had taken me with her

Maybe she did leave because of me.

I curled up and went to sleep

3 months till (Y/N) finds her

"Dad, stop please!" I yell as he anchors me to a wall

"Did you just back talk to me? DID YOU JUST TALK BACK TO ME!" He yells as I yelp in pain

"Someone, help! Please! Someone help me!" I scream as he slaps me across the face

"Shut up!" He says as he locates a knife...I looked at it with fear as he raised it over me

"If you won't shut up, I'll do it for you!" He says as he plows the knife into my neck.

"Noooooooooooooo, owwwwwwwwww-----------------------------," I scream as my voice becomes a distant whisper

"That's good," he says as I rush my hands to my neck as blood rushes out.

"Take this rag, I'd rather not have the cops on my doorstep," he says as he passes a cloth to me.

I scrambled to get it on my neck.

My Aura repaired the serious damage, but it hurt...it hurt a lot.

Tears rushed to my face as I silently cried.

The day (Y/N) found Her

Roman had just forced me into a wall.

I stopped calling him dad a while ago.