Reconnecting

Indigo POV

"Shhhhh, be quiet," the man says as I'm locked in a dark room.

"Please no," I plea as he laughs

"We will fetch a high price for you,"

My eyes open as I lay on the ground in Jamie's house.

It's been a while since I've had that dream...I guess it's more a nightmare than a dream.

I sit up and look around.

To my right David was snoring like he usually does...god I wish he could hide his tonsils for the night.

I look to my left and see an empty bed...that's where Oscar should be.

I blush a little remembering what happened only a couple of hours ago.

His blushing freckles was actually pretty cute.

I wonder where he is.

Oscar has always had something off about him...I can't put my finger on it though.

I stand up and start looking for him.

It didn't take me long to see him sitting on the front step outside the firing door.

I open it slowly and he jumps a little.

"Did I scare you?" I ask him as he calms down

"Yeah. A little," he mutters

"Sorry about that...I didn't mean to," I say as he nods

"It's fine...the stars look so bright out," he says looking back at the sky.

"Yeah," I say as the broken moon comes into view.

"Why are you out here?" I ask him as I sit beside him.

"Just thinking..and it's hard to sleep with someone who snores a lot," he adds as I chuckle

"David is a pretty loud one," I say as he nods in agreement.

"I wish the moon was whole again...just like I remember," he says as I funnel my brow.

"Whole again? Just like you remember? For as long as the books go back, it's always been shattered," I say as he looks at me.

"Oh, sorry. I'm pretty sleepy, I must be saying nonsense," he says

"Yeah, maybe," I say.

"Why are you out here?" He suddenly asks

"I just woke up, didn't feel like resuming," I say as he nods

"That makes two of us,"

(Y/N) POV

The rest of yesterday was uneventful. We ate dinner and then went to bed.

Me and Neo slept in my old room. She was pretty excited about it actually.

We didn't sleep in the same bed to my dismay.

I had to sleep on the floor while she slept on the bed like the queen she is.

I woke up early because of my uncomfortable sleeping arrangements.

I went to the kitchen to grab some water.

"Your awake," Mom says as I enter.

"Oh...your up too," I say coldly.

"Yeah, I didn't get much sleep," she admits

"Can you sit down please?" She suddenly asks. I looked at her a little skeptical but followed her request.

"I didn't get a real chance to talk to you," she says

"What I did...was terrible...I know that's not how a parent should treat their child...so I'm sorry...I really am...I...I love you to pieces and I let someone I trusted deceive me for their own good," she says as her voice breaks a little as tears threaten to swell in her eyes.

"It's fine...you thought it was for the best," I say...even though I still held something against her.

"I'll be honest...I want to start over...I want to learn everything about you...I want to be your mother again...not just in name...but for real," she says as I look at her.

I read her mind a little...there's no doubt in my mind or hers...that this is sincere...she really means it.

"Yeah...sure," I mutter as she smiles and puffs a sigh of relief.

"Wow that's a weight lifted off my shoulders," she admits before looking at me seriously.

"You and Neo...your dating right?" She asks as I blush a little

"Yeah...what of it?" I ask a little defensively.

"Oh it's nothing...just, I know the way you two feel for each other," she says with a smile

"Don't let her slip away...not for anything...don't repeat my mistake of letting you go," she says as I nod

"I understand," I say as she smiles

"Well, if that's the case, then let's get super going," she says changing her tone to a more upbeat one.

"Yeah," I say with a little smile.

The rest of the morning was eating. After breakfast, we left for Beacon.

Mom was a little nervous about leaving home...but she pulled through.

On the ride home, I noticed Oscar and Indigo dozing off on each other.

I nudge Neo to see if she noticed too...she looked at me with the biggest grin and leaned her head on my shoulder...using me as a pillow.

The ride was quiet. It was nice.

No issue at all.

Then we landed in Beacon.

"Back after only a day," Indigo says cracking her neck

"That's record time," she points out as I laugh

"David!" A blur of bunny ears rushes by me. The terminal velocity of the rabbit spun Neo in circles as she rushed by.

"Velvet!" David says before I hear a very audible thud! As David catches Velvet causing him to fall and smash his head off the bullhead.

"Ouch," he says as Velvet snuggles up to him.

"That's adorable," Mom points out.

"To the headmaster," I say ignoring them as we make our way to Kelly's office.

"Your back so soon," Kelly says as she hugs Neo quickly and returns to being formal.

"We found the next clue...we need to find my brother," I say as I start telling her about what we found.

"We need to find Salem," I say as the colour drains from her face.

"How do you know that name?" She asks seriously.

"My brother told me that's where we can find him," I tell her as she nods

"I see," she mutters deep in thought.

"Who's Salem?" I ask as she looks at me.

"She's...well...she lives in your worst nightmares,"