Dream

(Y/N) POV

Katherine was an Interesting lady.

Despite her young appearance, she seemed to be very mature for her age

The way she maintained her house and greeted us as guests. Reminded me of a grandma.

She is very welcoming and has a warm aura around her.

"I woulda thought you kids would be doing the Vytal festival," she asks us as she shows us our rooms.

"Helping our friend is more important," Indigo says as I agree.

"Good kids," she mutters to herself...or maybe to Ozpin in her head.

"Well, here's your rooms," she says with a faint smile as she shows us three bedrooms.

"Thank you once again," I say as she nods and smiles

"Of course, we will leave sometime tomorrow," she tells us as she leaves us alone together.

"What's your thoughts of her?" Indigo asks David

"Seems like someone we need to trust for Neo's sake," he says as I nod

"Yea, plus, Ozpin directed us to her. So I'm sure she can be trusted," I say putting my two cents in.

"Did you get a read on her mind?" David asks

"No, I tried, but couldn't get a read on her, just like Ozpin," I say as he nods confused.

To tell the truth, I was confused too.

It always baffled me why I couldn't read Ozpin's mind, but now Katherine too. Something weird must be happening.

"Either way, we should go to sleep. By the sounds of things, we have an early morning tomorrow," Indigo says as we each go into a bedroom to sleep for the night.

"Night everyone," I say to the other two before we all shut the doors.

I found my way to the bed and as soon as my body touched the soft fabric of the mattress I fell right asleep without even looking at the room.

Dream

"Neo, stop it, it tickles," I laugh as Neo attacks my feet and armpits in the bed.

"You're so squeamish, you are just like the baby," she giggles as she nibbles on my ear

"That's ticklish too," I laugh as she joins me

"Don't be so loud, you'll wake Lil Lily," she whispers as I hear distant cries in the house.

"Great you woke her up," Neo says in her matter-of-fact tone.

"I'll get her," I mutter as I get out of bed.

I walk the dark halls of my home as I enter the baby's room.

It was pink with shades of white on the walls.

I snuck up to our 3-month-old newborn as she cried

"Whatcha crying for?" I ask the baby as she looks at me with adoring eyes.

"Oh, wanted to see Daddy," I whisper as I pick her up. She giggles as my heart melts.

"You're so cute," I mutter as I rock her back and forth.

I return to my room with the baby in my arms.

"Oh, is someone sleeping with Mommy and Daddy," Neo asks as the child laughs.

I see Neo's face melt in pleasure from the laughter of our daughter.

"I'm sure you won't mind if another body cuddled with us," I say as I sneak into bed with the baby

"No I don't mind, as long as I have our family I'm fine," she says as she kisses me.

I'm suddenly thrusted into reality as I wake up

"Time to wake up, we are leaving in an hour," David yells in my room

"I'm up," I yell back as he shuts the door.

What was that dream all about?

Neo could speak...her voice was...it was amazing.

It was like silk to my ears...I had never heard a voice that sounded that good...and yet it sounded just like I thought Neo would sound like...but that's probably because it was only a dream right?

And the baby...my heart is still pounding from cuddling with her.

I sat in my bed for a good 10 minutes processing what I had dreamed.

It was too good to be true...and that's because it was.

Neo had her voice back, we had a kid, and we were together...thinking back on it now, I couldn't dream of it any better than what I did.

I exited my room and entered the dining room where the other three were already eating breakfast.

"Good sleep last night?" Indigo asks as I nod

"It wasn't bad," I say as she smiles

"The bed was so comfy!" She says as David smirks...he thinks the same.

"You just can't wait to see Neo can you," David says turning his attention to me.

"Yea, I had a dream about her," I mutter as Indigo smirks

"Tell us all about it," she says as she starts pressuring me

"I'd rather not," I say as she frowns

"Come on, after you told us, you need to explain it more," she says as I shrug

"Ok fine," I say as I start explaining.

By the end of it, my cheeks were flushed red and Indigo and David were laughing.

"I'm sorry...but that was for sure a weird dream," David says as I shrug

"Yea, you lost me at Neo talked," Indigo says as they finally come down

"But it sounded like a sweet little dream," Indigo says

"Is your friend mute?" Katherine asks

"Yea, she is," I say

"Was she born like that or did something happen?" She asks as I shrug

"I'm pretty sure her vocal cords were damaged somehow in the past...she's never told us about it," I say

"Ah, I see. I might be able to fix that along with her coma," she says as I raise an eye.

"Really?" I ask Interested

"Yea," she says proudly

"Ok, let's hurry up and finish our meal," I say a little excited.

Within the next hour, we were on bullhead headed towards Vale