Chapter 11

"Ambitious girl, you just wanna win"

-Wale

Sage's POV

"Sage," my mother said, calling me downstairs. I tossed Sophies Ipad to the edge of my bed and went to her.

"Yes mama," I responded walking into the living room. She patted the spot beside me and I sat.

"Why are you dating that little girl when you know your sister has liked her since she popped out of the womb," she asked, turning to me.

"I have to mom," I responded.

"Did she put a gun to your head?"

"No."

"Did she threaten us?"

"No."

"Is her dad gonna come beat up your dad?"

"No, mom," I laughed. "I just...I need to win homecoming queen. It'll look great on my college application."

She stared at me and smirked. "Where are the cameras? I have to be on Candid Camera, maybe Punk'd. If not bring me my belt so i can whoop your ass"

"Mommy no please," I said, grabbing her hands, "I need to get into Yale. I am the school president and president of FBLA. I'm on the yearbook committee and my grades are impeccable, but I don't have any turmoil in my life. Mom, I need some drama for the personal letter."

"Your dad is in the army," she stated.

"Everyone's dad is in the army, but not everyone will be a part of the first lesbian couple to win homecoming queen and queen. Mom you have to understand," I whined.

"I don't," she said.

"I have a plan. I want to be the first black woman president. I can't do that without Kai as my date," I said.

"Is she the only gay at the school?"

"She's the cutest," I answered.

"And this is worth you losing your sister."

"It's my future everything is worth my future Mom," I said appalled that she would ask me such a stupid question.

"She's going to keep trying," she warned.

"I only need Kai for this year's Homecoming and Prom. This plan has been in motion for a year. After this year I don't care what Kai does. In fact, as long as people don't find out I don't care what Kai does this year. I need my image intact mom," I said.

"I've never been so disappointed in you in my life. Get out of my face," she said, turning her head from me.

"Mom," I started.

"Go."

I sighed and started going back up the stairs. I'm not the asshole, I'm determined.

"Guess, I'm wishing my life away with these things I'll never say"

-Avril Lavigne

Sophia's POV

I hopped out of the shower feeling good. That run was telling. I decided not to actively pursue Kai. I think Sage really likes her. She has to in order for her to betray me like this. Maybe mommy was right, I just need to take the high road. Think of Kai as a friend and nothing more. I admired my body in the mirror and gave my reflection a pout. This matching set got me feeling myself. I continued to oil my body down.