Chapter 19

Sophia's POV

"Bitch, let me come home with you tonight," Marco said, meeting me at my locker.

"I'm not going home tonight. Ill be hanging with Kai. We have to get some food ready for my mom's event tomorrow," I said, slamming the locker.

"You can stay with me," Mickey volunteered.

"But then I'll have to go to Mosque," Marco whined.

"You need prayer, maybe you should go," Rex laughed walking up.

"A ki ki," Marco said, flicking them off.

"How you doing today," Red asked, wrapping their arm around my neck.

"Day just started," I said back, wondering when we became close enough that their arm wrapped around my neck would be an okay occurrence. I quickly decided we weren't, but I also don't want to cause a scene. Before I could think of how to escape I felt a sharp pull to the left pulling me from Rex's grasp and into a soft barrier.

"Why they all on you like that," Kai asked as she put her arms around me finishing the hug.

"I don't know, they just kinda did it. What was I supposed to do," I whispered.

"She'll talk to yall later," Kai said grabbing my hand and pulling me down the hallway. I waved to everybody and Marco nodded his head in approval while Mickey snickered.

"Kai my classes are the other way, " I said after realizing we were heading towards the senior building. She ignored me and kept walking. We eventually left the building as the bell for first period rang. "We're going to be late," I mumbled, not that it matters. I don't think she was hearing anything I said. We eventually ended at the practice field, used mainly for soccer.

"Do you like them," Kai asked.

"Who," I asked.

"Don't play dumb," Kai said again.

"I'm not. I don't know who you're talking about and we're late for class."

"Rex," she said throwing her hands up.

"No, why would I like them. I agreed that we could be friends. Thats it," I said very confused, because she could have just text me this. Now I'm late for class and if I get a detention my mom will kill me.

"Then why do you let them touch all over you," she asked looking at me expectantly.

"It was a shoulder, and I was planning a great escape before you came over," I explained. She looked down before her eyes met mine again.

"If they ask you on a date, what would you say," she said her face twisted into a grimace. It was an expression I've rarely seen on her and I reached out placing my hand on her cheek to make it better.

"Kai, whats wrong," I asked she leaned her cheek into my hand.

"Would you say yes," she asked.

"No, probably not. Why are you so pressed about Rex," I said moving my hand. She quickly grabbed it and put it back on her cheek, brushing it against her lips first. Every alarm that could be going off in my head was blaring. THIS IS YOUR SISTER'S GIRLFRIEND! I yelled at myself. "Kai," I asked when she stayed silent. She mumbled something under her breath. "Huh," I questioned unable to gather anything is was saying.

"I said let's get you to class," Kai said removing my hand from her face but keeping it in her hand still.

"Are you going to hold my hand to class," I asked. She ignored me and started toward the building. "Are we going to discuss what just happened," I asked.