Chapter 17

Sophia's POV

"Who was that fine ass tatted girl you were talking to yesterday," Mickey asked when I walked to my locker.

"Who," I asked.

"You can't ask me who when I've asked you who. Make that make sense," she said, rolling her eyes.

"I really don't know who you're talking about," I reiterated. "Where's Marco?"

"He spent the night with you!"

"Yeah but he left with Jayden this morning and I rode in with Sage and Kai," I said, removing my books for the first few periods.

"So where is he," she said dramatically looking around. I raised my eyebrows and shoulders at the same time and grinned. "Ewwwww," she giggled.

"I can't wait-" I started before I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey," I said to the person whose name I forgot.

"Hey, the principal said I can get any student I want to show me around, and I chose you," they smiled.

"Well, not me because I'm failing classes, so I have to be in class paying attention. Mickey however is one of the smartest students in the school and she'll be glad to show you around. If we have the same lunch feel free to sit with us though," I smiled politely before pushing Mickey towards them.

"Wait," Mickey started but I quickly walked away.

Kai's POV

    I watched Sophia enter the class before seeing a hand reach out and pull her back into the hallway. I quickly got up to see who the hell was snatching on her like that before rolling eyes.

    "Do you mind," Rex asked.

    "No," I said, staring at them.

    "Why are you avoiding me? I just met you yesterday and you're acting like I did something wrong," they asked.

    "I'm not avoiding you. You're just coming off a little strong," Sophie answered. "Also Kai I'm okay. I'll meet you in class," she dismissed me. I nodded my head strolling back to my seat.

    "Sophia, is your friend's class close to here, if not she needs to run along. Class starts in two minutes," Mrs. Diobardi said.

    "They/them pronouns," Sophie answered.

    "Noted, either way they need to get to class please" Mrs. Diobardi smiled.

    "I'm actually new and I don't know where my classes are. I tried to ask Sophie to show me but she was concerned about not passing your class, or getting a low grade perhaps," Rex said.

    "Oh that's nonsense. Sophie if you want to show them to their class feel free. I'm sure Kai will be fine for a couple of minutes," she smiled, handing Sophie a hall pass.

    "Perfect," Sophie mumbled, grabbing the hall pass and flying out the door.

    "Seems like your little passion project has found her own fling now," Aaliyah said sitting beside me. I ignored her. "I have a question for you though. If you plan on cheating on Sage, why do it with her sister?"

    "What the fuck are you talking about Aaliyah," I asked.

    "Nothing," she giggled walking back to her seat. After ten minutes passed I started getting antsy. It doesn't take that long to walk anybody to their class. Another five minutes passed and I shot Sophie a text. 'Where are you?'

'I'm on my way back. I decided to show them all of their classes so they won't need me today,' she answered.

'Well hurry up!'