Chapter 18

Sage's POV

"Can I talk to you Sophia," Kai asked as the three of us pulled into my driveway.

"Just text me," Sophia said, hopping out the car.

"Why would you need to talk to my sister," I asked.

"We're not working out," Kai said.

"You and her," I asked.

"Me and you," she rebutted.

"You can't be serious," I yelled.

"Don't yell at me in my own car," she deadpanned.

"We are not breaking up Kai."

"We should."

"I don't have the capacity to do this with you right now," I said as I got out of the car. "We're still together, so don't do anything stupid," I reiterated. I stopped myself from slamming her door, holding my rage in for the real target.

I stormed through the house looking for the person responsible for my almost break up. I found her in the kitchen talking to her mother. "You homewrecking slut," I said, attempting to slap her cheek. She caught my arm and looked at me with wide eyes. I used my other hand and she grabbed that one as well before quickly sweeping my feet, making me land on my back. Stupid bitch.

"Sage what the hell is wrong with you," our mom asked, running over to help me from the ground.

"Kai and I are going through a rough patch and I know it's your fault bitch," I yelled pointing at Sophia when I was back on my feet.

"You do not hit people based on assumptions, she is your sister," our mom yelled back at me.

"You tried to hit me," Sophia said, her eyes still gawking out of her face.

"Yeah, stay away from my girlfriend. I'm not playing with you. Delete her number right now or else," I said storming off.

"Hell no Sage. I don't know where the fuck you think you are but you are not about to walk around my house cursing hitting and carrying on like you pay any gotdamn bills around here. I don't give a good gotdamn what you have going on. Go to your room because I'm about to drag you like you're a random woman off the street," my mom yelled losing her cool.

"I was already going to my room," I shot back running up the stairs. I sped my pace when I heard footsteps behind.

"I'm sorry mom," I said when I heard the footsteps get closer.

"Be sorry to your sister," she said walking past me. I braced myself for a belt swing or something but it never came. She stormed past me and straight into her room. I sighed in relief and laid on my bed. I wanted to relax but I knew I needed to be on guard. I don't care, I'm ready for whatever. My attention peaked when I heard the doorbell. What if she's sending me to military school, and that's at the door to get me? "Sophia who's at my door," she yelled.

"Kai," the bitch answered back, and I heard footsteps go past my door. I also hurried to the front door.

"Is something wrong? Sophia sent me a text to come back" Kai asked, looking between the three of us. Sophia looked at my mom.

"So you didn't delete her number," I chuckled. 

"Sage hush, and Kai, you're just the person I want to see," my mom smiled at her.

Kai's POV

I gave a wide eyed look to Sophia, who strategically avoided my eyes. "Yes ma'am, What can I do for you?" I asked, plastering a confident smile on my face.