The Coming War

We Gathered as many able guards as we could from Whiterun, and sent out many other to the other holds. All the other were worried at the thought of being overrun. Me? I stood strong, trying to make it look as if they are weak, easily beaten, but on the inside, I was falling apart. The Jarl walked over to me, after talking briefly with someone in a black robe. " This woman, she wont tell me where she hails from, or her name. But she wants to speak with you personally. I don't know if you should trust her, but I cannot make up your mind for you. All I will say, is that if you choose to speak with her, think quick, and swing your sword ever quicker. " I thought about what the Jarl said, and I glanced at the woman every now and then, who continually stared at the ground, not moving, nor speaking. It seemed like she was deep in thought. I walked over to the mysterious woman. " The Jarl said you wanted a word with me." I said it strongly so it made her think twice before drawing her weapon. " Yes, I want to ask you something. How are your reactions?" She asked me. " My reactions? What do you mean by my reactions?" I asked her back. "I mean, if a falmer were to run at you, and you see it at the last moment, would you be able to kill it?" I thought about it for a second, then put my hand on my sword. " A little jumpy, aren't we?" I was about to speak when she pulled out a dagger and attacked. I only got my sword out, and as soon as it left the sheathe, I was laying on my back, with her on top of me with the dagger to my neck. My sword was a good couple feet away, too far for me to reach and get. " Not to good are we? You will be pleased that I am here to help you with that. Tell your friends to back away, so we can chat. Not to worry, there will be no more attacks on you, my friend. This was only a test. Only a test, I thought. This better not be a mistake I'll regret in the future. "Guys, back down. Its alright, she isn't going to harm us, she was only joking around."